Forum Home Forum Home >Other music related lounges >General Music Discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The Lost Notebooks of Hank Williams

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Jazz Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Lost Notebooks of Hank Williams
    Posted: 28 Sep 2011 at 4:15pm

After Hank died in the back of the car, they found all his lyrics but there has never been music put to it. I dunno "To Many Cooks spoil the Broth" feeling is coming over me. I will get it for his Bobness's cover but Norah Jones or Cheryl Crow Confused I bet that the Lucinda Williams and the Patty Loveless will be the best versions put to the lyrics. Rodney Crowell and Vince Gill will do a good job, I would say as well as Merle Haggard. Don't be surprised if Alan Jackson is good as well. He does get a bit close to that modern Nashville sound but he is still good. Even I have his greatest hits job.Smile

I have seen some of the original notes in my Hank bio  and what is interesting is that Hank could not spell to save himself but that does give it more poignancy as he was from that period in time and an education was something to get if you were lucky enough.

Still I can't talk about spelling myself at times

Billy Bragg and Wilco already have done Woody Guthrie's stuff, "Mermaid Avenue 1 and 2".

Matt
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic