JazzMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Jazz Music Lounges >Jazz Music News, Press Releases
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Miles Davis Box Set

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazuhiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Miles Davis Box Set
    Posted: 13 Sep 2011 at 2:21am
The main pivotal album of Miles Davis announced by Columbia is going to be announced next month as box set.
The discography is attached to approximately 30 pages of booklets, too.
A fan may be interesting.

Perfect Miles Davis Collection (2011)

- 'Round About Midnight』(1957)
- Miles Ahead (1957)
- 1958 Miles (1958)
- Porgy And Bess (1959)
- Kind Of Blue (1959)
- Sketches Of Spain (1960)
- Someday My Prince Will Come (1961)
- Seven Steps To Heaven (1963)
- Miles In Berlin (1965)
- ESP (1965)
- Miles Smiles (1967)
- Nefertiti (1968)
- Filles de Kilimanjaro (1969)
- In a Silent Way (1969)
- Bitches Brew (1970)
- A Tribute To Jack Johnson (1971)
- On The Corner (1972)
- We Want Miles (1982)
- Star People (1983)
- Decoy (1984)
darkshade View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darkshade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2011 at 10:10am
Looks cool, but why are certain albums like Sorcerer, Miles In The Sky, Get Up With It, and Big Fun missing?
js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2011 at 10:40am
Thats coming in massive box set part II Wink
Kazuhiro View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazuhiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2011 at 10:51am
*chuckles

Edited by Kazuhiro - 13 Sep 2011 at 10:53am
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2011 at 2:33pm
Is this the one on the Miles website for like US$300?
My jazz collection....a work in progress.
Matt View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Jazz Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2011 at 5:03pm
Dodgy stuff, not the music but the release. How many Miles bloody Davis sets can they release. Where is Milestones Unhappy How long can a cows tits be stretched to get that last drip of milk from the poor animal? I bet just about all of us own em' anyway. The only one that I do not have is "Miles Ahead"........never been mad on the Gil Evans string jobs. Sketches of Spain is the best for me but I always prefer the band albums.I am amazed that the market is not saturated yet after all the Davis sets that have been released.  NukeWarning I believe the last proper complete one (Around 2 years back)had bad packaging issues with glue getting on to discs. Be careful and check out thoroughly before any purchase
Matt
Kazuhiro View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazuhiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2011 at 7:27pm

The news that I put here is general news for a fan and a listener definitely.

Various box-set is really released recently as well as Miles Davis. And a well known album is in box-set of this Miles Davis. However, the album which everybody mentioned is not collected.

A sales agency may have chosen the album for purchasing will as my guess.

Furthermore, as for the copyright and the adjacent right, the years that passed since an artist dies and the number of years that passed since an album is announced lapse in 50 years.

Perhaps such a mysterious album may be announced in future.

Matt View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Jazz Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2011 at 7:42pm
Originally posted by Kazuhiro Kazuhiro wrote:

The news that I put here is general news for a fan and a listener definitely.

Various box-set is really released recently as well as Miles Davis. And a well known album is in box-set of this Miles Davis. However, the album which everybody mentioned is not collected.

A sales agency may have chosen the album for purchasing will as my guess.

Furthermore, as for the copyright and the adjacent right, the years that passed since an artist dies and the number of years that passed since an album is announced lapse in 50 years.

Perhaps such a mysterious album may be announced in future.

Thanks for putting up the set Kazuhiro, I'm a bit negative but don't listen to me. If no one has any Miles it is not a bad place to start. Has a good mix of styles from him and it does give a good over-view of his career. Just no "Milestones"LOL
Matt
Kazuhiro View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazuhiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2011 at 8:18pm

There were many opinions to say that the Japanese fan almost had an album of Miles Davis.

And the fan gropes for a reason and a meaning to buy this box-set.Big smile

Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2011 at 8:56pm
Originally posted by Matt Matt wrote:

Dodgy stuff, not the music but the release. How many Miles bloody Davis sets can they release. Where is Milestones Unhappy How long can a cows tits be stretched to get that last drip of milk from the poor animal? I bet just about all of us own em' anyway. The only one that I do not have is "Miles Ahead"........never been mad on the Gil Evans string jobs. Sketches of Spain is the best for me but I always prefer the band albums.I am amazed that the market is not saturated yet after all the Davis sets that have been released.  NukeWarning I believe the last proper complete one (Around 2 years back)had bad packaging issues with glue getting on to discs. Be careful and check out thoroughly before any purchase

My friend you need a ........... Beer

LOLWink
My jazz collection....a work in progress.
Slartibartfast View Drop Down
JMA Special Collaborator
JMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slartibartfast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2011 at 11:27am
I got complete session box sets for Bitch's Brew and In A Silent Way.  Unfortunately a lot of the extra material is also on other albums so now I have overlap..
Matt View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Jazz Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2011 at 4:19pm
Originally posted by Catcher10 Catcher10 wrote:

Originally posted by Matt Matt wrote:

My friend you need a ........... Beer

LOLWink
Pure Grump, I know LOL It happens early morning occasionally. 
Matt
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic