Forum Home Forum Home >Jazz Music Lounges >Jazz Music News, Press Releases
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Neil Cowley calls time on his trio

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snobb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Neil Cowley calls time on his trio
    Posted: 15 Feb 2018 at 2:35pm

Pianist Neil Cowley has announced he is retiring his award-winning jazz trio. He broke the news on social media last night, saying his 10+ years playing with bassist Rex Horan and drummer Evan Jenkins have been an honour.

The band members have released 6 studio albums together with extensive touring and a global fanbase. They won a public vote at the 2013 Jazz FM Awards to be named UK Jazz Act of the Year. On his Facebook post, Neil says the trio will be “put on the back burner for the time being while focussing attention on new adventures and new projects”.

He says “Like all things in life, it’s good to step back and explore other avenues and that’s what we intend to do, until such a day when it feels right to bring the trio back out of retirement. For myself, I have already begun to piece together a new musical venture and look forward to sharing it with you (see video for a teaser!). It’s time to separate our beards and fly solo. I have lots of exciting things to announce over the coming weeks, so I hope you can join me in the next chapter of my musical journey!”

from www.jazzfm.com

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic