JazzMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Jazz Music Lounges >Jazz Music Lounge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Videos on the web

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dick Heath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Videos on the web
    Posted: 12 Aug 2011 at 6:36am
The following look/sound interesting enough to chase their albums:

Jazz funk from Monsieur Dubois

Klemzer jazz rock from Yom & The Wonder Rabbis:

Artzee graphics but the interpretation goes well here wrt Nguyen Le experimenting again with rock fused with world jazz:

Edited by Dick Heath - 12 Aug 2011 at 7:14am
Slartibartfast View Drop Down
JMA Special Collaborator
JMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slartibartfast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2011 at 4:51pm
Any particular reason why you didn't link in the clips? 

Edited by Slartibartfast - 12 Aug 2011 at 7:06pm
Dick Heath View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dick Heath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2011 at 4:21am
this is the only way I know how: tips?

What do you make of the clips' contents?

Edited by Dick Heath - 14 Aug 2011 at 4:22am
Moshkito View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moshkito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2011 at 2:31pm
Hi,

There are a lot of videos on the web .. you can catch Egberto Gismonti with Charlie Haden and Jan Garbarek ... and a lot of other things ... I had a fun time checking out Terje Rypdal as well.

I have to start checking out the more recent ECM stuff too, and there was one group that was here at the Mt. Hood Jazz Festival that I missed.
JMA Special Collaborator
JMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slartibartfast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2011 at 7:28pm
Originally posted by Dick Heath Dick Heath wrote:

this is the only way I know how: tips?

What do you make of the clips' contents?

Sorry about that, haven't played the clips yet, just popped them in for you.  By the way, great idea for a thread.  There's so many clips available these days.

Use the up to right arrow button to access the extra buttons on a fresh post.  Use the one with the filmstrip. It shows up automatically when you quote another post. 
You can paste in the whole link or just an abbreviated version.

You can paste the long format link as http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=msNYOeCZ-3I into the window in the dialog and it will automatically TUBE it for you.  Or put the stuff after the backslash between a bracketed TUBE and bracketed /TUBE

Happy linking, folks.  Big smile

This is probably one of my favorite discoveries though the album has been out since 2008.  The whole concert is also available in one piece.

I think you can currently only link in You Tube clips this way at moment.  You have to provide web addresses for others.  Also some you tube clips aren't allowed to be accessed in some countries due to copyright or artist issues.  That happened to me here in the good ole USA. 

Another tip, if you really want to have some fun, play more than one clip at the same time on this page as it gets built up.  It will be interesting to see if you can play them all at once without your computer exploding.

Nice assortment there Mr. Heath.

Edited by Slartibartfast - 16 Aug 2011 at 8:06pm
idlero View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote idlero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2011 at 10:18am
Live Concerts recordings of
Archie Schepp and Gnawa Fire
Yaron Herman Trio
Texier,Sclavis,Romano
on
http://liveweb.arte.tv/de/cat/Jazz___Blues/

I think the problem with a lot of the fusion music is that it's extremely predictable, it's a rock rhythm and the solos all play the same stuff and they play it over and over again ...
Ken Burns
idlero View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote idlero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2011 at 1:31pm
Pat Metheny Group-The Way Up in HD in exactly one hour at:
http://live.1hd.ro/jazz.php
I think the problem with a lot of the fusion music is that it's extremely predictable, it's a rock rhythm and the solos all play the same stuff and they play it over and over again ...
Ken Burns
idlero View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote idlero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2011 at 2:03pm

Ken Burns
idlero View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote idlero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2011 at 2:18pm

Ken Burns
idlero View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote idlero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2011 at 1:53pm

Ken Burns
idlero View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote idlero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2011 at 2:22pm

Ken Burns
JMA Special Collaborator
JMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slartibartfast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2012 at 2:55pm

Live at Studio 10 -- 82. NDR Jazzworkshop, Funkhaus Hamburg, Germany, 1972-09-20
Jean-Luc Ponty - Electric Violin
Philip Catherine - Guitar
Peter Trunk - Bass
Jasper Van't Hoff - Keyboards
Naná Vasconcelos - Percussion
Aldo Romano - Drums

Edited by Slartibartfast - 28 Feb 2012 at 2:58pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic