JazzMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements >Help us improve the site
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Shouldn't review comments be advised with a PM?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Shouldn't review comments be advised with a PM?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
JMA Collaborator
JMA Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abraxas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Shouldn't review comments be advised with a PM?
    Posted: 16 Jul 2011 at 10:10pm
Like the title already suggests: "Shouldn't review comments be advised with a PM?" That's the way on PA, isn't it? 

I'm not really sure how someone notices when he receives a comment other than by checking the main page, that in such case it may be lost if too many comment other reviews.

Am I missing something?
Ricochet View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ricochet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2011 at 2:08am
I wonder if things aren't a bit different than on PA. From what I remember, a review's personal page doesn't have a built-in comments box, like it has here. Comments are in fact PMs sent to the reviewer.

But good proposal.

Abraxas View Drop Down
JMA Collaborator
JMA Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abraxas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2011 at 2:10am
Originally posted by Ricochet Ricochet wrote:

I wonder if things aren't a bit different than on PA. From what I remember, a review's personal page doesn't have a built-in comments box, like it has here. Comments are in fact PMs sent to the reviewer.

But good proposal.

Well, yes I know that. The problem here in JMA is that you comment, but you don't receive anything, you've to got to looking into your own reviews one by one to see if someone commented. 
js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2011 at 12:35pm
I guess you are talking about the "shout outs" feature. I'll try to point Max towards this and see what he thinks.
 In the meantime, I usually look at the "shout outs" now and again to see what people are talking about.

Edited by js - 17 Jul 2011 at 12:36pm
dreadpirateroberts View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dreadpirateroberts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2011 at 10:00pm
I thought I'd bump this, as I only just found a few 'shout outs' the other day, from months ago (thanks Pablo & John!) and I feel like a bit of a prat for taking so long to reply, even though I didn't know they were there. In the meantime, I'll keep an eye on that section (New Site Interactions?) as you say, John

Edited by dreadpirateroberts - 18 Nov 2011 at 10:02pm
We are men of action. Lies do not become us.
Reviews...
Sean Trane View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sean Trane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2011 at 2:07am
Originally posted by dreadpirateroberts dreadpirateroberts wrote:

I thought I'd bump this, as I only just found a few 'shout outs' the other day, from months ago (thanks Pablo & John!) and I feel like a bit of a prat for taking so long to reply, even though I didn't know they were there. In the meantime, I'll keep an eye on that section (New Site Interactions?) as you say, John

I kind of agree that I woumldn't even be aware if someone had made somme comments about my reviews...

I'm not that big a fabn of this feature, but it works fine in PA....

my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicted musicians to crazy ones....

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic