JazzMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements >Welcome newbies!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hi

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote j.s776 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hi
    Posted: 15 Jul 2011 at 6:14pm
Hi everyone.

I'm new to the world of jazz after following some progressive rock bands such as Yes. I heard and enjoyed some of their 'jazzier' compositions and a friend introduced me to Weather Report. I really enjoy their stuff so I'm hoping to learn more about jazz fusion, and discovering new bands. So any recommendations would be appreciated!

I'm also a fan of Grover Washington, Jr and like a wide variety of other music. Funk, Chillout and 1980s pop in general. Anyway, I'm looking forward to my time on here! :)
js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2011 at 6:19pm
Welcome other js, I like the funk. Check The JBs (we have a thread on them and James Brown, still hot) also The Meters, Bootsie and Parliament.
Atavachron View Drop Down
JMA Collaborator
JMA Collaborator
Jazz Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atavachron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2011 at 7:28pm
welcome
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic