Forum Home Forum Home >Topics not related to music >General discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Lets Do Lunch (around the world).

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1112131415 18>
Author
JMA Collaborator
JMA Collaborator
Jazz Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atavachron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2012 at 12:59am
chicken&cranberry salad tonight on wholewheat with pickled red cabbage on the side

js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2012 at 10:25am
Sounds good, I'm not much of a meat eater anymore but those turkey-cranberry sandwiches are hard to resist around holiday time, whole wheat bread with some mayo and lettuce, yum yum.

I made a simple Greek pasta salad to last over a couple of busy days. Bowtie pasta, feta cheese, two kinds of olives, sun dried tomatoes, peppercinis, yellow bell pepper, onion, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt and some sugar.
Kazuhiro View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazuhiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2012 at 10:49pm
Ooh. The dish which everybody cooks looks very delicious. Salad and pasta and the pizza seem to have an original device somehow or other in each family. I have not yet tried it, but want to cook the jam of the berry.
js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2012 at 4:02am
Sounds like you want to make some pie. Big smile     Which fruit did you have in mind?
Kazuhiro View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazuhiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2012 at 7:49am
I thought about a cherry and a blueberry about jam. It is seasonal fruit in Japan. However, I do not yet have the technique to make a pie. At first I intend to try jam.Smile
js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2012 at 8:43am
Ah yes, jam on toast, one of my favorites in the morning. Right now I have three kinds, orange, blueberry and apricot. I prefer rye bread toast or apricot jam with peanut butter on rye bread.
I did not make the jams, I bought them at the store.
Kazuhiro View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazuhiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2012 at 9:20am
Yes. I buy the jam in a shop, too. The rye bread has good fragrance. And I looked for jam in accord with it. The apricot looks good. And I look for jam elsewhere. Even commercial jam is OK.
Atavachron View Drop Down
JMA Collaborator
JMA Collaborator
Jazz Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atavachron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2012 at 8:21pm
Rye is very nice, I like dark rye too, always a good soft fresh texture.   Mostly I'm a sourdough or honey-wheat man but those big fresh loaves of Russian or Jewish Ryes are hard to resist.  I'm convinced bread is the most important part of a sandwich.   For jam I love applebutter, blackberry, and have grown very fond of a good orange marmalade.

DamoXt7942 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DamoXt7942 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2012 at 5:09am
My lunch this afternoon was a Chinese bento one ... including shrimps in chili sauce, Chinese spring rolls, Chinese fried chicken, a chop suey (with squids), pork in sweet, sour sauce, fish sauté in sweet mayonnaise, a shrimp shaomai, boiled broccoli, and boiled rice.

A bit salty for me but very good / delicious this bento was.

Edited by DamoXt7942 - 20 Jun 2012 at 5:47am
--

DamoXt7942

Guilt Is A Great Motivator.
js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2012 at 5:21am
Wow! such variety, looks good.
just a cheese and pepper sandwich for me this morning Ermm    ...down to the last items from my last grocery trip.
DamoXt7942 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DamoXt7942 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2012 at 5:53am
Love sandwiches too ... as BLT ones previously posted ...

Heart
--

DamoXt7942

Guilt Is A Great Motivator.
JMA Collaborator
JMA Collaborator
Jazz Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atavachron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2012 at 12:37am
 ^ my favorite sandy

meatloaf this week; the onions and peppers should be sauteed before going in the meat mixture, many don't do that.  And a healthy teaspoon of salt is very important.

Kazuhiro View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazuhiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2012 at 12:55am
Meatloaf looks look good. It seems to use a grill in home cooking of America. Therefore, it becomes almost like the hamburger steak because grills do not spread in Japan.

By the way, the food which wrapped the rice ball with meat was popular recently in Japan. I have not eaten it. I see it like a bomb for me.LOL

JMA Collaborator
JMA Collaborator
Jazz Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atavachron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2012 at 3:14am
 ^ you could grill meatloaf (actually that sounds quite good), but normally it's baked in the oven at a high or medium heat, 375 to 425 f

js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2012 at 3:42pm
Tried out a sort of high-end local Thai restaurant yesterday for takeout. They had good food, but it was not authentic and half of the menu was Japanese, so I got mostly Japanese food with an American influence:
Ahi Tuna salad with seaweed and vegetables plus a vegetable sushi roll with soft avocado and pickled vegetables. It was a good lunch.
Kazuhiro View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazuhiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2012 at 7:00pm
It looks good. I did not have such a lunch recently. I always should always take in a fish and vegetables and seaweed, too. An eel and an octopus are known as summer seasonal food in Japan. It is food to maintain physical strength.
js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2012 at 7:04pm
Yeah, I used to eat octopus salad a lot in San Francisco. I used to know the name for it, but it has been a long time.
Kazuhiro View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazuhiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2012 at 7:25pm
The octopus often makes salad with seaweed in Japan. The seasoning is soy sauce and vinegar or something. Or it is marinade.

Or

js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2012 at 7:30pm
Yes, the octopus would come in a vinegar dressing with some cucumber slices and maybe a little seaweed. It has a Japanese name, I think it starts with Sunomo....   or something like that.
Kazuhiro View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazuhiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2012 at 7:41pm
Yes!! Sunomono!! It is a dish for the summer that Japanese know well.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1112131415 18>
  Share Topic