Forum Home Forum Home >Topics not related to music >General discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Lets Do Lunch (around the world).

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 18>
Author
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Lets Do Lunch (around the world).
    Posted: 14 Jul 2011 at 9:02pm
Kazuhiro and I like to talk about lunch, personal recipes, interesting dishes, drinks, mixology etc etc
I'm mostly vegetarian and I also get into southern US soul food, which is an odd combination that has lead to a lot of personal recipes, I also like to experiment with tofu etc.

Edited by js - 14 Jul 2011 at 9:19pm
js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2011 at 9:10pm
Anyway, feel free to post favorite recipes, drinks, what you are having today etc. I'll drop off some recipes etc over the coming weeks.
js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2011 at 9:12pm
Here is a mixed drink that comes from Mexico that I like, its easy.
Mix a light beer like a lager with about half as much Clamato or Snappy Tom or Tomato juice and add lime juice, hot sauce and salt to taste, you might want to salt the drink glass rim. yum yum
Kazuhiro View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazuhiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2011 at 9:15pm

John explained all outlines of this thread. The small talk has escalated. By the image for my lunch.

I enjoy this thread for a while. And, it is likely to be interested in a general meal of each country at the same time.

Lunch

js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2011 at 9:16pm
^ The meal marked as 'rice' is a plum ripened with salt served on rice.
js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2011 at 9:19pm
The meal marked as 'lunch' is tomato, potato, egg and ketchup. The ketchup looks like what people in the US would call sweet n sour sauce.
Kazuhiro View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazuhiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2011 at 9:20pm
Is the hot sauces possibly more general than catsup?Dressing and the source marketed in Japan are very unpalatable.LOL
js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2011 at 9:22pm
Here is a Japanese influenced salad a like to make:
shredded carrot
thinly sliced red bell pepper
salted peanuts

sprinkle on:
rice vinegar
a little soy sauce
salt n sugar or even better Pezneys Italian dressing mix (Mostly salt n sugar)
js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2011 at 9:24pm
Originally posted by Kazuhiro Kazuhiro wrote:

Is the hot sauces possibly more general than catsup?Dressing and the source marketed in Japan are very unpalatable.LOL

In the US
hot sauce - ground chilis, vinegar
ketchup - tomatoes, sugar, salt, vinegar
Kazuhiro View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazuhiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2011 at 9:31pm

I have understood the custom of making a homemade source in Japan as a result is not established hearing the recipe.

The food of Japan has a healthy part. However, a homemade recipe is average.

Kazuhiro View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazuhiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2011 at 9:32pm
Originally posted by js js wrote:

Here is a Japanese influenced salad a like to make:
shredded carrot
thinly sliced red bell pepper
salted peanuts

sprinkle on:
rice vinegar
a little soy sauce
salt n sugar or even better Pezneys Italian dressing mix (Mostly salt n sugar)

Is it such feeling?

Oops,The source doesn't suffice.

Edited by Kazuhiro - 14 Jul 2011 at 9:37pm
js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2011 at 10:02pm
That looks similar, only their presentation is much prettier than mine, ha. 
Kazuhiro View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazuhiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2011 at 10:14pm

Anyway, I will research a homemade source. I thought that it was one (the device and the enjoyment). Smile

By the way, I was crazy about the work of the site now. While eating lunch. And, certain was noticed.

I forgot to take a picture of today's lunch. LOL

However, it is OK. The content was almost the same as the above-mentioned image. LOL

js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2011 at 10:22pm
Here is another drink recipe borrowed from Mexico:
Tequila
grapefruit soda,    ...not juice, soda
lime juice
ice
sprinkle salt then sugar on the ice   mmmmmmmmm
Kazuhiro View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazuhiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2011 at 10:31pm
My imagination

Kazuhiro View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazuhiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2011 at 10:33pm

Recipe that I learnt in bar before

Gin is three. The white wine is one. The lime is a proper quantity. Ice is floated.

The name is "Hurricane"

triceratopsoil View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote triceratopsoil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2011 at 10:40pm
Cool thread.  I'm a particular fan of frying up leftovers in interesting manners, but that's about the extent of my experimentation when it comes to cooking.
js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2011 at 10:50pm
Speaking of frying, I'm finally getting where I can bread tofu and fry it and it comes out fairly good, it took a while to get that right.
You have to get the oil really hot, but not so hot that it splatters and burns you, burns down the house etc
I borrow from the southern fried chicken recipe and put a lot of seasoning in the flour like garlic salt and black pepper.
Kazuhiro View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazuhiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2011 at 10:57pm
Kentucky Fried Chicken in Japan is selling the commodity that uses a black pepper.
js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2011 at 11:01pm
I'm sorry to hear the Japanese are eating bad American junk food, ha ha.    If you ever come to Memphis I will take you to a really good fried chicken place, I don't eat vegetarian when I am at Gus' World Famous Fried Chicken.  Wink
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 18>
  Share Topic