Forum Home Forum Home >Topics not related to music >General discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Lets Do Lunch (around the world).

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1314151617 18>
Author
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2012 at 3:49am
I was just kidding too Wink

That looks good, maybe i need to go shopping and look at my choices. I usually get my sauce from the local restaurant.
It comes with the grilled ahi tuna salad. Big smile yum yum.
Kazuhiro View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazuhiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2012 at 12:56am
Ooh. I noticed suddenly. Embarrassed I was interested in this topic last year. It will be good if people enjoy it about Thanksgiving Day. Please have a good day. Thumbs Up
js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2012 at 2:35pm
Thanks, its nice to have the day off, but I'm not making any big feasts this year.
I just had a big salad with lettuce, spinach, cranberries, beets, onions, red pepper, peppercinis, cherry vinegrette and feta cheese, that will be good enough for this year. Approve
Now for some drinks. Wink

Edited by js - 22 Nov 2012 at 2:36pm
Kazuhiro View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazuhiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2012 at 8:11pm
John seemed to spend a good day somehow or other. Japan does not have such a custom, but probably will prepare for some cooking for New Year holidays. With Japanese liquor. Smile
DamoXt7942 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DamoXt7942 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2012 at 9:19pm
In Japan, "The First Pray" in Shinto shrines around New Year's Day I imagine?
Well we drink Japanese sake (for celebrating The Happy New Year) or something.
--

DamoXt7942

Guilt Is A Great Motivator.
Kazuhiro View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazuhiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2012 at 9:32pm
Yes. I always pray for openings of one year in a Shinto shrine. Pray for the health of the family and success of the work. And I will pray for the development of the site. Smile
Kazuhiro View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazuhiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2012 at 9:40pm
By the way, I discovered one coffee shop which seemed to be interesting in the area where I lived in recently. Probably I looked like a room run shop for a long time, but I have not yet visited the coffee shop. I intend to go there having an opportunity. I will convey the details here if I visit there. Wait for a while.
Atavachron View Drop Down
JMA Collaborator
JMA Collaborator
Jazz Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atavachron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2012 at 9:27pm
Pretty trad T Day supper - stuffing, green beans, mashed sweet taters - but instead of turkey we had a pork roast.  Very good but I missed turkey with that deep poultry flavor only it has.

Kazuhiro View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazuhiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2012 at 10:03pm
I cannot install the big oven to do stuffing as Japanese home circumstances in the kitchen. I must prepare a dove and a sparrow if I do it. LOL
JMA Collaborator
JMA Collaborator
Jazz Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atavachron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2012 at 10:42pm
I just got a new oven, just an inexpensive GE model but it's fine for what I need.  Our old one was terrible; the oven & broiler had stopped working and only two burners would come on.  I look forward to doing a big turkey dinner at home finally.

Kazuhiro View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazuhiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2012 at 10:59pm

Ooh. It really looks good. It is most suitable for big food. Even as for not only the meat but also the vegetables. I prepare for the report of the fire engine by the inhabitants near the house and must do it. Smile

Joking aside. I seem to really spend time for a dish effectively in the United States. Even seasoning seems to be homemade. As for the Japanese thing, approximately commercial. It is slightly terrible taste.

js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2012 at 1:15am
Originally posted by Atavachron Atavachron wrote:

I just got a new oven, just an inexpensive GE model but it's fine for what I need.  Our old one was terrible; the oven & broiler had stopped working and only two burners would come on.  I look forward to doing a big turkey dinner at home finally.

Don't forget to thaw it first, typical mistake of a first time turkey baker.
JMA Collaborator
JMA Collaborator
Jazz Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atavachron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2012 at 2:12am
yes, and to thaw in the fridge, very important
Kazuhiro View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazuhiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2012 at 9:19pm

I had a topic about various lunch and food culture this year. It was very interesting and was significant.

Japanese traditional noodles. I am called "Soba" in Japan. Probably it is buckwheat noodles.

The seasoning is almost soy sauce, but the compounding is complicated. A leek and the red pepper carved with let a flavor be outstanding.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soba

js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2012 at 2:45am
I always enjoy seeing those pictures. 
I've been into making pizzas lately. I buy the crust from Whole Foods grocery and then make my own sauce and add thinly chopped vegetables, maybe a little cheese. I have different variations, one favorite centers around beets and feta cheese.
Kazuhiro View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazuhiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2012 at 9:46am
The homemade pizza looks good. Because they can use the favorite vegetables, the people may satisfy it enough. And the feta cheese did not spread very much in Japan. Probably the cheese which was made with the milk of a sheep and the goat. The price of dairy products soared recently in Japan. The Japanese common people always look for cheap food.
js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2012 at 9:58am
I don't eat much dairy products myself, they are not that particularly good for you, but Feta Cheese makes a good flavoring for salads or pizza.
js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2013 at 1:25am
Just made some beer cheddar soup, mmmm that is some good!  Big smile
Kazuhiro View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazuhiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2013 at 10:00pm
The soup is not known very much in Japan, but it looks very good and sees it. Probably it is an American traditional dish or a home-cooked meal. I want to try it if I can easily make it. Smile
js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2013 at 10:08pm
It is a very American type dish, possibly rooted in Irish culture.
Just take a potato soup with a very small amount of broth and while its boiling start adding sweet dark ale like Newcastle, plus shredded cheddar cheese until it tastes good, yum yum. Big smile
Now I wish I had some more.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1314151617 18>
  Share Topic