Forum Home Forum Home >Topics not related to music >General discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Lets Do Lunch (around the world).

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314 18>
Author
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2012 at 3:56am
You can also use Japanese sweet plum wine instead of Cassis, put a shot of plum wine in a Becks, yum Big smile
Atavachron View Drop Down
JMA Collaborator
JMA Collaborator
Jazz Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atavachron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2012 at 7:48pm
Well I've now been on a regimen of high-protein shakes twice a day - a total of about 75 grams of protein per day - for three months and I'm quite pleased; I've stopped eating breakfast and desserts almost entirely and instead have a big shake with milk and a crushed banana, and then a normal dinner.   I've gained muscle, feel better, and save a lot of $ on sweets and other items I don't need anymore (cereal, eggs, cookies, ice cream).

Kazuhiro View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazuhiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2012 at 12:42am

In Japan, the rainy season comes in June. However, in Tokyo, good weather still continues. And I was already looking for summer seasonal food.

A rice ball. The seaweed is a part of the stems. And a center part of the perilla is used. Some saltiness.

Seaweed. Okra. And it is yam. The texture is fun. Some saltiness. And the salad which the jelly of the plum is slightly included in.

js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2012 at 10:35pm
^ All that looks good Smile

I had spaghetti with homemade marinara sauce. Since moving back to the south I make my sauce in the "soul food" style which is spicy hot and sweet with a lot of herbs, peppers and celery seed. I had it at a local restaurant and decided thats how I wanted my sauce to taste. That restaurant used celery, the celery seed substitution was my idea.

Some Memphis restaurants make BBQ spaghetti which is BBQ pork mixed with marinara and BBQ sauce over spaghetti, but that is really going too far, ha ha.
Kazuhiro View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazuhiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2012 at 10:51pm
Big smile

It is splendid. And even sauce is homemade, and it does not take root in the food culture in Japan very much now to enjoy either.

I often put it in soup about the celery. It is just something like pot-au-feu. Of course as for the salad. The combination with other foods is divided by preference.
JMA Collaborator
JMA Collaborator
Jazz Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atavachron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2012 at 11:00pm
Originally posted by js js wrote:

Some Memphis restaurants make BBQ spaghetti which is BBQ pork mixed with marinara and BBQ sauce over spaghetti, but that is really going too far, ha ha.
yeah it sounds good but unless it's done well, it's a bit much

several nights this week I had pork chops broiled in a sauce of orange marmalade, sherry, soy sauce, hotsauce, s&p, and it was scrumptious with mashed tates and pickled red cabbage on the side ... tonight it's frozen pizza Unhappy LOL

js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2012 at 11:05pm
Some frozen pizzas are better than others. i usually have to do something to alter it a bit, usually add something, a few vegetables or just some garlic salt.
Good pizza is rare around here, southerners have no idea what pizza is supposed to be. I know its not bacon/ranch, ha ha.
JMA Collaborator
JMA Collaborator
Jazz Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atavachron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2012 at 11:10pm
it's a Red Fork "Bianca" pizza; olives, mushrooms, garlic, two cheeses, I'm just hoping it's better than the Whole Foods brand

js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2012 at 11:15pm
Haven't tried the Whole Foods brand yet. 
Lately i tried this "Nan" pizza. Not too bad, I didn't have to alter it. Its got a slight Indian flavor and a little bit of heat.

Edited by js - 30 May 2012 at 11:16pm
Kazuhiro View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazuhiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2012 at 11:27pm
Ah. I was able to know that they were a supermarket and brands coherent to the area.
JMA Collaborator
JMA Collaborator
Jazz Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atavachron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2012 at 11:29pm
 ^^I've had that, it's good, think I got the sausage

Edited by Atavachron - 30 May 2012 at 11:29pm
JMA Collaborator
JMA Collaborator
Jazz Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atavachron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2012 at 1:19am
well the pizza was fine, definitely better than Whole Foods generic
js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2012 at 3:18am
^ I may have to try that. 
Before Nan I was buying mini cheese pizzas by Home Run Classic, not bad, but they needed some help, before that I was buying California Pizza Kkitchen margherita pizzas. They're kind of bland and not real fresh and they needed lots of doctoring to taste good.
JMA Collaborator
JMA Collaborator
Jazz Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atavachron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2012 at 7:18pm
I used to get the Cali Kitchen BBQ chicken pizzas but they've disappeared from most shelves around here

JMA Collaborator
JMA Collaborator
Jazz Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atavachron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2012 at 7:31pm
made a nice guacamole tonight, I do a slight variation on the trad Mexican kind [which is usually just avocados, salsa and lime juice]; I used fresh chopped tomatoes and onions, lemon juice, Tobasco, garlic powder, s&p, and a dab of either sour cream or mayo, scooped onto good tortilla chips

js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2012 at 7:53pm
Originally posted by Atavachron Atavachron wrote:

I used to get the Cali Kitchen BBQ chicken pizzas but they've disappeared from most shelves around here

You're right, they did kind of loose some distribution. After they disappeared I was getting the Fresh Market mergherita, but that got boring after a while. They needed lots of help and seasoning.
JMA Collaborator
JMA Collaborator
Jazz Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atavachron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2012 at 9:11pm
plus I'm not big on cilantro and I was always picking it off which is useless of course  LOL

js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2012 at 9:27pm
mmmmm cilantro mmmmm

I know, some people don't like it. I think I saw a cocktail with cilantro the other day, I was interested.
JMA Collaborator
JMA Collaborator
Jazz Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atavachron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2012 at 9:03pm
meatloaf tonight;  2/3 beef, 1/3 pork, rosemary breadcrumbs, sauteed green peppers,onions & garlic, 1 egg, tomato paste, Worcestershire, hotsauce,  baked at 475 till crusty

Kazuhiro View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazuhiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2012 at 9:37pm
Look good. Big Grill oven is not installed in the kitchen of Japan. There would be more my recipes if there was it in the kitchen.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314 18>
  Share Topic