JazzMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Topics not related to music >General discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Lets Do Lunch (around the world).

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 18>
Author
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazuhiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2011 at 12:38am
I stayed up until midnight drinking alcohol last night. Therefore, today's lunch is a salad. It doesn't give the stomach the load. Big smile

Pumpkin and cucumber

Melon. Mandarin orange. Kiwi.Pineapple.

Edited by Kazuhiro - 03 Sep 2011 at 12:40am
js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2011 at 4:01am
Those look really good.
Last night I made a vegetarian pizza with a Hawian flavor:  pineapple, green pepper, red pepper and onion. Jalapenos would be good on that too, but I didn't have any.
I preceded that with appetizers of peanuts, sesame sticks and hot crackers with a couple of gin and tonics.
Kazuhiro View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazuhiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2011 at 9:21am

It is very interesting. I like pizza. The pizza of the Hawaii flavor is often sold also in Japan. However, if it is made from homemade, I respect you. Smile

And, the alcohol seems to be also delicious.

Atavachron View Drop Down
JMA Collaborator
JMA Collaborator
Jazz Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atavachron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2011 at 9:10pm
they make a kind of pizza in Jersey called 'tomato pie' with the sauce over the cheese on a simple thin but doughy crust, it's friggin awesome

js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2011 at 9:28pm
that sounds good, ... pizza places in the south are terrible. 
In SF I like that place on Valencia near 16th, at least I think it is Valencia, its been a long time. Actually it may be the street next to Valencia, anyway, it is real close to 16th.
JMA Collaborator
JMA Collaborator
Jazz Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atavachron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2011 at 9:41pm
don't know it but that area has really improved, many very cool places and plenty of hipster activity (in a good way)

Kazuhiro View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazuhiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2011 at 9:50pm

Perhaps I thought that an apple and a pumpkin were liked as an autumn cooking ingredient in U.S.A. I do not understand it precisely.

As for the autumn cooking ingredient in season in at least Japan, a saury and a chestnut are liked.

A saury. A few onions and carrots. The seasoning is almost vinegar.

a saury

A cuttlefish. Celery. Paprika. The seasoning is almost salt.

JMA Collaborator
JMA Collaborator
Jazz Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atavachron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2011 at 9:56pm
yes that's right, apples and particularly squash/pumpkins are favored in the fall (and of course widely available during the whole harvest period)
Kazuhiro View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazuhiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2011 at 10:02pm
It is wonderful. I am taken by the impulse that comes to often want to eat an apple pie.Smile
JMA Collaborator
JMA Collaborator
Jazz Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atavachron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2011 at 10:11pm
oh there's nothing like the tart-meets-sweet of fresh apple pie
Kazuhiro View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazuhiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2011 at 10:20pm
The real cake is not sold to Japan either. All the Japanese cooks learn abroad. Furthermore, a Japanese is weak in homemade cooking like jam and a fruit sauce.Big smile
JMA Collaborator
JMA Collaborator
Jazz Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atavachron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2011 at 10:29pm
yeah fruit preserves and baked goods are more common in the Euro-American tradition, though for pickling I think Asia out does us 
Kazuhiro View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazuhiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2011 at 10:46pm
I will put it here when I found some good dish.
Slartibartfast View Drop Down
JMA Special Collaborator
JMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slartibartfast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2011 at 11:16am
It's lunchtime in my neck of the woods.  Currently enjoying a vegetarian lunch special from Lawrence Cafe: hummus, babaganoush, falafel, and tabouli.
js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2011 at 11:42am
That sounds good, especially if the taboulah is fresh.
Slartibartfast View Drop Down
JMA Special Collaborator
JMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slartibartfast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2011 at 9:01pm
I usually break for lunch at 11:30, the place is close to my office, so I phone it in and It's ready when I get there, 10 minutes.  Beats the hell out of the fast food options in the area.  Being in a small office I usually eat at my station.  I used to be able to meet with my sister about once a week for lunch out but she's living down in Florida now.
JMA Collaborator
JMA Collaborator
Jazz Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atavachron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2011 at 9:24pm
I like a nice MiddleEastern plate too, good baba (not Yaga) is a favorite .. anyone ever made your own falafel?  It's easy and like no falafel you've had; just get a good brand of mix in a box, hydrate and let sit, form in patties and fry in olive oil till golden brown on both sides.  Superb with your favorite hummus and all the fixins.

Edited by Atavachron - 15 Sep 2011 at 9:25pm
DamoXt7942 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DamoXt7942 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2011 at 8:51am

My lunch today.
--

DamoXt7942

Guilt Is A Great Motivator.
js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2011 at 7:21pm
That looks like a BLT     ...but with slight Japanese presentation.
darkshade View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darkshade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2011 at 7:57pm
Looks like a PBLT to me

Pixelated Bacon Lettuce Tomato
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 18>
  Share Topic