Forum Home Forum Home >Topics not related to music >General discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Lets Do Lunch (around the world).

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 18>
Author
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2011 at 9:42pm
Memphis is not a very sophisticated or cultured city, they are very naive about Asian cultures. 
They probably think the Indian resaurants should have sushi too. Wink
Slartibartfast View Drop Down
JMA Special Collaborator
JMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slartibartfast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2011 at 9:49pm
Well, there is the BBQ...

Well gifted with diverse ethnic eateries here in Atlanta.  Decatur has a big immigrant Indian population.  I just hat a mysore masala dosa for lunch today, yumm.

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4134/4738306122_799f04edd7_b.jpg
Kazuhiro View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazuhiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2011 at 9:53pm
Memphis and Atlanta should be going to go in me in the future. I want to eat Japanese food there. Big smile
Slartibartfast View Drop Down
JMA Special Collaborator
JMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slartibartfast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2011 at 10:02pm
Originally posted by Kazuhiro Kazuhiro wrote:

Memphis and Atlanta should be going to go in me in the future. I want to eat Japanese food there. Big smile

Just do a web search and I'm sure you might find a good spot in Memphis, your luck would be better in Atlanta though.  But if going to the southeast US you should try regional stuff...
Kazuhiro View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazuhiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2011 at 10:16pm
Thank you. Please teach to me here if there is interesting information. I try to remember it. Because tuna's documentary film was also of course unpublished in Japan, I knew it and was interested.
js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2011 at 5:14am
The best Japanese restaurant I have tried in Memphis is called Sakura, its pretty good, but not as good as some of the restaurants I liked in San Francisco.
Sakura was recommended to me by a Japanese family I work with. I had to correct the two daughters pronunciation because they were pronouncing the word as if it was English, ha ha. A lot of people in Memphis pronounce all words as if they were English words. 

Slarti is right though, you can come to Memphis and enjoy our regional favorites: BBQ and soul food; grits, greens, biscuits and gravy, fried chicken, sweet potatoes, pecan pie, etc.
Kazuhiro View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazuhiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2011 at 9:19pm

About 40 years ago. A lot of jazz bars and clubs existed in Japan. However, the situation changed gradually in the age and a lot of jazz bars closed the store. The existence of the jazz bar that remains in Japan is a little now. Therefore, the shop name is gradually known to the jazz hound.

The jazz bar that I visited last night is not so known. However, the bar opened a store in 1975. I often visited there and was researching jazz.

Then, the atmosphere of the jazz bar that I visited last night is put here. Please enjoy it.

-------------

The shop name is"Pithecanthropus Erectus"
Have you already noticed it?
Yes. It quotes the album title of Charles Mingus.

It is externals of the shop. The stairs have a sudden angle. However, I have not encountered the guest who gets drunk and is injured. Mystery.

I entered the shop and ordered the beer. The storekeeper and I spoke a situation each other. The conversation continues.

The bar always offers music by a large volume. When I visited the shop, John Coltrane performed.

I do not know an accurate number of albums that the bar owns.

I said that I wanted to listen to Count Basie from the storekeeper. He accepted my demand at once. "April in Paris" is my favorite tune. It listens to the graceful melody and I get drunk gradually.

I become comfortable. And, I ordered the storekeeper the gin and tonic. There is a little syrup in the gin and tonic.

js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2011 at 10:22pm
That sounds like a great evening, what a cool place.
Kazuhiro View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazuhiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2011 at 10:54pm
Thank you for enjoying it. The inside of a store is very narrow actually. If about ten guests or more enter, the shop is almost full. However, this shop often invites the musician and does live. The bass player always performs in front of the rest room. LOL
Kazuhiro View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazuhiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2011 at 10:11pm

My lunch of today is nigiri and a noodle of Japan. The noodle is always a similar noodle. Therefore, I put only the photograph of nigiri here.

Nigiri that has already been seasoned with soy sauce. Carrot. Mushroom. Bamboo shoots. Burdock. They are finely chopped and exist.

nigiri

Postscript

There was an old photograph that I had put on this thread before. I have deleted it by mistake. It cannot be seen any longer. Shocked
js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2011 at 5:17am
The vegetables must be finely chopped, I can't see them.
I had salad for lunch: lettuce, carrots, red bell pepper, onion, olives, feta cheese and homemade dressing, mostly olive oil.
Kazuhiro View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazuhiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2011 at 6:18am
How for dairy products?

Because neither milk nor the yogurt had appeared in the recipe up to now.
js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2011 at 6:32am
I eat some cheese, I don't really care for milk or eggs, I never eat them, of course a lot of my favorite bread and dessert products have milk or eggs in them.
I never see cheese in any Japanese, Chinese, Thai, Vietnamese or Korean cooking, but a little bit in Indian cooking.
Kazuhiro View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazuhiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2011 at 7:44am
Certainly. The cheese known in Southeast Asia hardly exists.
A real cheese relies on all the imports.

The woman in Japan especially likes dessert.
The cheesecake always sells in the shop that treats a lot of desserts.

Kazuhiro View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazuhiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2011 at 10:37pm

I hardly eat breakfast. It is only coffee every morning. Therefore, my meal is only daytime and a night.

Today's lunch is bread. Cheese seasoned with salt. Basil. A little mayonnaise. It is bread on the market.

bread

Clam chowder is marketing.

Kazuhiro View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazuhiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2011 at 12:04am
My lunch was a rice ball today. Marketed rice ball. They are salmon's various parts in the inside. Seasoning is a soy sauce and wasabi.

There are a Welsh onion, a cabbage, and a small prawn in the miso soup.

js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2011 at 12:50am
Both of those look excellent, especially the soup. The other night I ate out and had one of my favorite treats as an appetizer, tuna tetaki, every restaurant in the states that has tuna tetaki makes it different, but it is almost always really good.
Kazuhiro View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazuhiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2011 at 12:59am

Also in the United States, I feel the dish that uses the tuna general. The method and the seasoning of cooking might be various.

And, the seasoning of Japan thought that it was evidence that Japan is admitted if known acceptable also in the United States.

However, I have not experienced a real dish of the United States yet.

js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2011 at 1:16am
Different parts of the US where I have lived have different food styles that are popular.
On the west coast in California food tends to be lean and healthy with a lot of influence from Asia and the Mediterranean.
In the south in Memphis the popular styles are barbecue and soul food; black eyed peas, collar greens, sweet potatoes, grits, cornbread, macaroni and cheese, pecan pie etc.
In Texas you get a mixture of Mexican and southern cooking called Tex-Mex. Its a lot less healthy than the fresher style of Mexican food you can get in California.
Florida has a style that is influenced by the gulf coast seafood plus Latin cultures like Cuba and Mexico.
In the northern part of the US people eat a north European type of diet with a lot of meat, potatoes and cooked vegetables.
Kazuhiro View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazuhiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2011 at 1:26am

I felt that apparently, there was a difference in the culture of the dish by the region hearing the opinion.

Perhaps, I thought that the culture of the dish was different in the region where it had faced the sea. The dish that uses the fish because Japan is an island is frequently put on the table.

I thought that there was a little different culture in California and Memphis. For culture of dishPerhaps, I think that John knows them. And, I thought that I always did a good selection for health.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 18>
  Share Topic