JazzMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Topics not related to music >General discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Lets Do Lunch (around the world).

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 18>
Author
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazuhiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2011 at 11:05pm
It is OK. Please recommend me a delicious, fried chicken. I offer delicious sushi. Big smile
js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2011 at 11:10pm
mmmm  I think I would rather have the sushi too. My favorite is tekka nigiri with just a little bit of soy sauce, wasabi and ginger on the side.
I like to have seaweed salad with my sushi, or maybe some sliced fruit like kiwi.
Kazuhiro View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazuhiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2011 at 11:25pm
I think that it is glad that you know tekka nigiri. It is a formal name.

js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2011 at 11:29pm
^ in the states we call that a tekka roll, but what we call the tekka nigiri is a long piece of tekka on top of a long piece of rice with just a little bit of wasabi underneath.

Very nice looking seaweed salad by the way, it looks way more gourmet than what I am used to getting.
I love the Japanese presentation for food and drinks, so modern and clean looking,  ..now I miss San Francisco.

Edited by js - 14 Jul 2011 at 11:32pm
Kazuhiro View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazuhiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2011 at 11:49pm
Kazuhiro that looks for image of tekka like work of site.

darkshade View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darkshade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2011 at 12:43am
I cook sometimes, I mean I know enough to take care of myself.

I did eat this today

triceratopsoil View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote triceratopsoil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2011 at 1:24am
My creations generally end up more of a pile than an arrangement, by the time I'm done cooking I just want to eat it and don't care what it looks like LOL.

I don't often take pictures when I am cooking, but here is an older one I found on my computer.  If I recall correctly it is chicken, zucchini, radishes, green onion, coarse ground black pepper (which I put on everything), cayenne pepper, probably some paprika, and a splash of dark rum (Lamb's Navy) mostly for smell.

Edited by triceratopsoil - 15 Jul 2011 at 1:24am
Kazuhiro View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazuhiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2011 at 10:13pm
Natto is a fermented food that ripens the soybean. There is a perilla, too.

There are a Welsh onion and a corbicula in Miso soup.

js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2011 at 10:23pm
That soup looks good.

I made a simple pasta salad tonight: pasta, chopped up onion, red bell pepper, sun dried tomato, Italian herbs, olives peppercinis, olive oil, vinegar, salt, garlic salt, sugar and some feta cheese too.
js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2011 at 10:26pm
Originally posted by Kazuhiro Kazuhiro wrote:

Kazuhiro that looks for image of tekka like work of site.

In the US we call that sashimi, if you put one of those pieces on a small bed of rice, we call that nigiri.
Abraxas View Drop Down
JMA Collaborator
JMA Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abraxas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2011 at 10:34pm
^same here, I love sushi!
Kazuhiro View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazuhiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2011 at 10:34pm
I imagined such sushi.

Edited by Kazuhiro - 17 Jul 2011 at 10:35pm
Kazuhiro View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazuhiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2011 at 10:43pm
I want to make the salad. Because the garlic salt is not sold, it is likely can do nothing but mix it by homemade. It is a little expensive though I want the olive in Japan. If I mimic and make it, the salad is surely an imitation. LOL
js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2011 at 10:46pm
Originally posted by Kazuhiro Kazuhiro wrote:

I imagined such sushi.

That looks like fermented soybean, that is a very intense flavor, it is too strong for me.
Kazuhiro View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazuhiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2011 at 10:56pm
I cannot imagine it any longer. It is a joke. LOL

Kazuhiro View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazuhiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2011 at 10:30pm
Japanese noodle in marketed Japan. Soup is a taste of the soy sauce. The popcorn shrimp and the vegetable are tenpura.

Rice is round nigiri. There is a tuna seasoned with the soy sauce in the inside.

Edited by Kazuhiro - 18 Jul 2011 at 10:32pm
js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2011 at 11:18pm
^ mmmmm I'll be there in about 15 minutes, the subway trains in Tokyo are very fast.

Edited by js - 18 Jul 2011 at 11:19pm
Kazuhiro View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazuhiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2011 at 11:35pm
By the way, the subway in Japan is such feeling.

16 years ago. The event that happened in the subway in Japan happened. The cult group in Japan put the liquid and the gas of the poison on the vehicle in the subway. The event is still continuing by the trial of Japan. The news might have been spread to foreign countries.
Atavachron View Drop Down
JMA Collaborator
JMA Collaborator
Jazz Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atavachron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2011 at 12:03am
Originally posted by js js wrote:

I'm sorry to hear the Japanese are eating bad American junk food, ha ha * .    If you ever come to Memphis I will take you to a really good fried chicken place, I don't eat vegetarian when I am at Gus' World Famous Fried Chicken.  Wink
I so wish we had a good fried chicken place here, the only joint I knew was a tiny little place in the Tenderloin that ain't there no more

* I was amazed to see the Italians love McDonalds, and that the food at the European Micky D's is, no surprise, fresh and well-prepared  Ermm

js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2011 at 12:42am
I don't recall any fried chicken in SF, There were two BBQ chicken places in SF I liked. Brother in Laws on Divisedero, and oddly enough, the punkish club Zeitgeist.
There was one place in the Fillmore that probably had fried chicken (I can't remember the name) but I always got the catfish.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 18>
  Share Topic