Lets Do Lunch (around the world).

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 18>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2012 at 5:21am
Wow! such variety, looks good.
just a cheese and pepper sandwich for me this morning Ermm    ...down to the last items from my last grocery trip.
DamoXt7942 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DamoXt7942 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2012 at 5:09am
My lunch this afternoon was a Chinese bento one ... including shrimps in chili sauce, Chinese spring rolls, Chinese fried chicken, a chop suey (with squids), pork in sweet, sour sauce, fish sauté in sweet mayonnaise, a shrimp shaomai, boiled broccoli, and boiled rice.

A bit salty for me but very good / delicious this bento was.

Edited by DamoXt7942 - 20 Jun 2012 at 5:47am
--

DamoXt7942

Guilt Is A Great Motivator.
Atavachron View Drop Down
JMA Collaborator
JMA Collaborator
Jazz Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atavachron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2012 at 8:21pm
Rye is very nice, I like dark rye too, always a good soft fresh texture.   Mostly I'm a sourdough or honey-wheat man but those big fresh loaves of Russian or Jewish Ryes are hard to resist.  I'm convinced bread is the most important part of a sandwich.   For jam I love applebutter, blackberry, and have grown very fond of a good orange marmalade.

Kazuhiro View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazuhiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2012 at 9:20am
Yes. I buy the jam in a shop, too. The rye bread has good fragrance. And I looked for jam in accord with it. The apricot looks good. And I look for jam elsewhere. Even commercial jam is OK.
js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2012 at 8:43am
Ah yes, jam on toast, one of my favorites in the morning. Right now I have three kinds, orange, blueberry and apricot. I prefer rye bread toast or apricot jam with peanut butter on rye bread.
I did not make the jams, I bought them at the store.
Kazuhiro View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazuhiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2012 at 7:49am
I thought about a cherry and a blueberry about jam. It is seasonal fruit in Japan. However, I do not yet have the technique to make a pie. At first I intend to try jam.Smile
js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2012 at 4:02am
Sounds like you want to make some pie. Big smile     Which fruit did you have in mind?
Kazuhiro View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazuhiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2012 at 10:49pm
Ooh. The dish which everybody cooks looks very delicious. Salad and pasta and the pizza seem to have an original device somehow or other in each family. I have not yet tried it, but want to cook the jam of the berry.
js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2012 at 10:25am
Sounds good, I'm not much of a meat eater anymore but those turkey-cranberry sandwiches are hard to resist around holiday time, whole wheat bread with some mayo and lettuce, yum yum.

I made a simple Greek pasta salad to last over a couple of busy days. Bowtie pasta, feta cheese, two kinds of olives, sun dried tomatoes, peppercinis, yellow bell pepper, onion, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt and some sugar.
JMA Collaborator
JMA Collaborator
Jazz Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atavachron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2012 at 12:59am
chicken&cranberry salad tonight on wholewheat with pickled red cabbage on the side

Kazuhiro View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazuhiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2012 at 9:37pm
Look good. Big Grill oven is not installed in the kitchen of Japan. There would be more my recipes if there was it in the kitchen.
JMA Collaborator
JMA Collaborator
Jazz Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atavachron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2012 at 9:03pm
meatloaf tonight;  2/3 beef, 1/3 pork, rosemary breadcrumbs, sauteed green peppers,onions & garlic, 1 egg, tomato paste, Worcestershire, hotsauce,  baked at 475 till crusty

js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2012 at 9:27pm
mmmmm cilantro mmmmm

I know, some people don't like it. I think I saw a cocktail with cilantro the other day, I was interested.
JMA Collaborator
JMA Collaborator
Jazz Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atavachron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2012 at 9:11pm
plus I'm not big on cilantro and I was always picking it off which is useless of course  LOL

js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2012 at 7:53pm
Originally posted by Atavachron Atavachron wrote:

I used to get the Cali Kitchen BBQ chicken pizzas but they've disappeared from most shelves around here

You're right, they did kind of loose some distribution. After they disappeared I was getting the Fresh Market mergherita, but that got boring after a while. They needed lots of help and seasoning.
JMA Collaborator
JMA Collaborator
Jazz Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atavachron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2012 at 7:31pm
made a nice guacamole tonight, I do a slight variation on the trad Mexican kind [which is usually just avocados, salsa and lime juice]; I used fresh chopped tomatoes and onions, lemon juice, Tobasco, garlic powder, s&p, and a dab of either sour cream or mayo, scooped onto good tortilla chips

JMA Collaborator
JMA Collaborator
Jazz Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atavachron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2012 at 7:18pm
I used to get the Cali Kitchen BBQ chicken pizzas but they've disappeared from most shelves around here

js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2012 at 3:18am
^ I may have to try that. 
Before Nan I was buying mini cheese pizzas by Home Run Classic, not bad, but they needed some help, before that I was buying California Pizza Kkitchen margherita pizzas. They're kind of bland and not real fresh and they needed lots of doctoring to taste good.
JMA Collaborator
JMA Collaborator
Jazz Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atavachron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2012 at 1:19am
well the pizza was fine, definitely better than Whole Foods generic
JMA Collaborator
JMA Collaborator
Jazz Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atavachron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2012 at 11:29pm
 ^^I've had that, it's good, think I got the sausage

Edited by Atavachron - 30 May 2012 at 11:29pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 18>
  Share Topic