JazzMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Topics not related to music >General Polls
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Your parent's musical preferrences

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Poll Question: What did they listen to and made you listen to when you were a kid?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
4 [15.38%]
8 [30.77%]
1 [3.85%]
3 [11.54%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
7 [26.92%]
1 [3.85%]
2 [7.69%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dick Heath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2011 at 2:40pm
I don't see musicals. Howard Keel was one of my mum's favorite singer (Some Enchanted Evening played at her funeral service) and prominent in her small LP collection were London theatrical versions of Sound Of Music, My Fair Lady, Oklahoma, South Pacific. I think my dad was into 30's and 40's Bing Crosby (he would have been 100 this week).
js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2011 at 3:21pm
Oh yeah, I forgot, my Mom had a lot of those same records.
Ovalotus View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ovalotus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2011 at 2:14pm
They share a liking of a variety of Swing, Cowboy, Huayno, and Christmas music. Separately, my mom enjoys Christian Rock and my dad likes Blues and Classic Rock.
The_Jester View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The_Jester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2011 at 8:39pm
My father initiated me to prog and jazz and my mother to rock and creative music of all kind.
EatThatPhonebook View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EatThatPhonebook Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2011 at 9:41am
My mother loves women Alternatve Singer/Songwriters from the 80's. My Dad loves Heavy Metal, even though he has no clue of what he's listening to and he has no CD's, so he borrows random ones from my collection Confused.
smartpatrol View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smartpatrol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2012 at 5:06pm
They mainly like Rock, including some prog
bytor2112 View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bytor2112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2012 at 12:17am
My dad likes classic rock, metal, bluegrass, blues, and some R&B. He's the main reason I have such a love for music. Whereas my mom doesn't seem to have a strong musical preference, though she does like Primus alot.LOL
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic