JazzMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Other music related lounges >General Music Discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

the world without music

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moshkito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2011 at 9:05pm
Hi,

I live with, for, and by, too much music to not appreciate what it has to offer me, and has offered all these years.

I have seen, too many places, where music is not appreciated and other places where music is a symbol of freedom that is not appreciated, and have seen music be abused and many countries work their hardest to make sure that their people do not listen to it, lest it be a symbol of freedom or some other paranoid bs.

In the end, I am not sure that this question is as important about "music" as it is about the "inner" human expression, that may be found/seen as music, writing, art or sculpture and many other expressions ... all of which we would not be happy without them, specially if you knew about them.

After the past 100 years, the whole world has been about the expression of freedom and how to expose and apply that freedom in an expression ... it may have started with film and radio, and 75 years later we had the Internet with everything you can think of.

Are we better off without it all? ... well, a board like this would not have been possible without that international exposure and ability, and there were not groups as big as this 40 years ago that I could find ... we were all too danged stoned to know the difference, I guess!

In the end, I am not sure that the question is about "music" as much as it is ... are we so bored with ourselves that we have to have something else entertain us, in order for us to feel better about life in general ... and the thought scares the living heck out of me ... that we would be so jaded as to have to appreciate something in order to find out who we were inside ... I mean ... are we so empty that we can not know this and need something else in order to learn? ... now you know why the good book says that we have lost the connection to the "father" within ... we're too lost on the outside and think that connection is important and we aren't.

In my book, music, or art, is a part of the human expression and an important one ... and I treat it as strongly adn as important as I do my own ... it's THE only thing in our lives worth living for ... the rest is just a bunch of words! 
... And then one day, the prophet said that you and I would know what is art ... and real!
darkshade View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darkshade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2012 at 6:35pm
Way to post and run, original poster......

On topic, I don't think human beings would be here anymore, OR, we would still be primitive beings (oh wait, we still are). By that, I mean we wouldn't be the technologically advanced civilization we are today. We would have killed each other centuries ago if not for music (and art, by extension).
Frederic_Alderon View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frederic_Alderon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2018 at 2:28pm
Totally suck, no doubts!
But that even worth then that actually - without the music there is no sounds right?
So rising 8am will be literally like a cold shower....suvere but no any choice actually, and sitting in front of the microwave waiting some mean ready, and on the top of that - wanna see a friend go ahead and I don't know, jump inform of the window, as no calls now bells now brick window throwing....
Lame and perspective, screw that situation
Stopbyforjazz View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stopbyforjazz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2019 at 7:11pm
I shudder at the thought,a very,very dark and sad place the world would be.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic