JazzMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements >Welcome newbies!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hello from Birmingham, UK

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jazz Pianist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hello from Birmingham, UK
    Posted: 18 Jun 2011 at 1:01pm
I've posted here a few times already, and even suggested a new artist (I know, I'm a cheeky sod right ), but I thought I'd introduce myself.

I'm Aleks, I'm from the second largest city in England, I'm a classical pianist crossed over into jazz, I do a lot of musical theatre, rock and metal also. I love all music (although classical, jazz and third stream are probably my favourites) and I'm going to study jazz piano / composition at Leeds College of Music in September.

Exams are now over, so I can contribute pretty freely here now

Great to meet you all and will be looking forward to learning from this place!
Sean Trane View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sean Trane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2011 at 1:38pm
Hey Aleks,
Welcome to JMA

I'm currently investigating Neil Ardley's  works... rainbow Of Kaleidoscope ... and Harmony of Spheres

I'm trying to find Greek Variations and Symph of Amaranths as well.

my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicted musicians to crazy ones....

Kazuhiro View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazuhiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2011 at 9:15pm

Welcome to the site.
Please enjoy it.

And, it wishes that it goes well and it want you to spend good every day at the university.

Abraxas View Drop Down
JMA Collaborator
JMA Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abraxas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2011 at 9:23pm
Hey welcome!

Enjoy this place, and please do more polls or threads for discussing whatever you please concerning music/jazz. 
Jazz Pianist View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jazz Pianist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2011 at 7:05am
Originally posted by Sean Trane Sean Trane wrote:

Hey Aleks,
Welcome to JMA

I'm currently investigating Neil Ardley's  works... rainbow Of Kaleidoscope ... and Harmony of Spheres

I'm trying to find Greek Variations and Symph of Amaranths as well.

Hey Sean

I've been meaning to check out Neil Ardley for a while now... and this has just prompted me if anything! Just got through the post the other day Epitaph - Charles Mingus.

Boy was I blown away

Epic third stream(ish) composition, it'd be a good one to check out

And thanks for the welcome guys!
Prog Geo View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prog Geo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2011 at 7:31am
Hi Aleks! You are an energetic forum member!Clap
js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2011 at 11:09am
You ever try writing reviews Aleks, you seem to know your music pretty well.
Jazz Pianist View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jazz Pianist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2011 at 11:47am
Thankyou Prog Geo

And yeah I will have to try when I get the time. Lately I've been fairly busy learning (well reading through) the first keyboard part for a production of the musical The Secret Garden, but when that's all over and done with I'll be as free as a penguin to write reviews
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic