Forum Home Forum Home >Jazz Music Lounges >Jazz Music News, Press Releases
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Robert Glasper announces new all-star project

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snobb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Robert Glasper announces new all-star project
    Posted: 02 Jan 2018 at 12:36pm

Grammy award winning pianist and producer Robert Glasper has unveiled details of his new band which will be called ‘R+R=NOW’. He says it stands for ‘Reflect+Respond’ – inspired by a quote from Nina Simone who once said: “An artist's duty, as far as I'm concerned, is to reflect the times. ... So I don't think you have a choice. How can you be an artist and NOT reflect the times? That to me is the definition of an artist."

Glasper is joined by an array of exciting US contemporary stars, whose passion for jazz, soul, hip hop, funk and R&B will be utilised in a new release later in the year. Multi-instrumentalist Terrace Martin, bassist Derrick Hodge and drummer Justin Tyson will all be featured alongside New Orleans trumpeter and innovator Christian Scott, plus Taylor McFerrin, son of Bobby.

Glasper says: “It’s a very honest, fluid sound that rings of hip-hop, EDM, jazz, at times, hell, reggae … a bunch of cats that respect each other so much that we always pass the ball.”

from www.jazzfm.com

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic