JazzMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Topics not related to music >I Have A Question For You......?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Help identifying jazz song from a "movie pub"

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lekar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Help identifying jazz song from a "movie pub"
    Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 7:05am
In a scene of the movie "A beautiful mind", they are speaking in a pub where a jazz song is being played; does anybody knows what track it is? 
Video of the scene:

Edited by snobb - 12 Oct 2017 at 7:44am
js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 7:12am
Yeah, I recognize that riff, hold on and I will try to get you a song title in a minute.
js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 7:20am
I believe its "Sing Sing Sing" by Benny Goodman, here is a version of it, keep in mind he probably recorded different versions of it over the years. the version i have may not be the same as the one in the movie.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fhyhP_5VfKM

Edited by js - 12 Oct 2017 at 7:27am
Lekar View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lekar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 7:22am
Yes i think it matches, thank you very much!
js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 7:24am
Just listened to your clip again, I'm pretty sure that is Gene Krupa on drums and Benny on clarinet, but it may be a different version of "Sing Sing Sing" than the one I supplied. If its not the right version, just go on youtube and try out the different versions they have.
Shrdlu View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrdlu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2018 at 3:39pm
I agree with JS's post. I've known that piece for decades. But I don't recognize that version.

I have the 1938 Carnegie Hall version and the 1955 one recorded for Decca, used in the Goodman movie.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic