JazzMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements >Welcome newbies!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hi from Brighton, U.K

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Natara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hi from Brighton, U.K
    Posted: 21 Jul 2017 at 9:09am
Hi I'm a bit of a newbie to Jazz and am discovering new artists and different styles all the time my latest is Gene Ammons am listening to Nice and Cool as I type great LP. I love late Chet Baker especially the SteepleChase releases, Ike Quebec, Kenny Burrell and Bill Evans to name a few, I love Miles Kind of Blue & In a Silent Way but just cannot get Bitches Brew like wise Coletrane love some early stuff Lush Life, SoulTrane and of course A Love Supreme but cannot get some of his more complexed pieces.

I am a total vinyl freak and like to hunt down early first press releases but if they are too pricey (which they now usually are) then the all analogue releases by Music Matters, Analogue Productions, Mobile Fidelity and Classic Records are great. I also love listening to Reggae, 60's, 70's & 80's Soul, early 70's The Who & The Stones and lots and lots of other musical genres and styles if it has some soul I like it.

Thank you and hello.
js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2017 at 9:17am
Hi Natara, welcome to the site, I like a lot of the music you mentioned, and I'm a big reggae fan as well. You might want to check out our Dub Fusion section where reggae meets jazz.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic