JazzMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Jazz Music Lounges >Jazz Music Recommendations/Featured albums
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Please help me identify this live jazz concert

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote disfunktor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Please help me identify this live jazz concert
    Posted: 08 Jun 2017 at 3:02am
Just the other day, while driving, I heard this whole live mostly instrumental jazz concert performace on the radio. I think it was an entire live album of an actual concert, as the transition between songs was seamless. 

First part of the concert were origianl songs, I think. Here are few minutes captured by mobile phone audio recorder (sorry for bad quality):

http://vocaroo.com/i/s0GIS21g9RQi

http://vocaroo.com/i/s0d76TXNmESp

The second part of the concert were covers. One of them was a great rendition of "The Man Who Sold the World" ; played a bit more grungy than the way Bowie did it. If a jazz performance could be called that.

There were other famous songs, but I can't remember anymore.

I'm not sure, but it all sounded fairly recently performed. I'd say post 2000.
disfunktor View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote disfunktor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2017 at 4:22am
I got it. It was Kalle Kalima Trio performance at "Hamburg Jazz Open 2016". I couldn't find info on any official releases of it. But the radio station got it somehow for sure.
js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2017 at 4:26am
Thanks for letting us know, I just saw this and was about to see what I could find.
disfunktor View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote disfunktor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2017 at 6:52am
No problem. That's the point of it all.
Are you maybe aware of any release of this performance?
Or do you think that the radio station actually did a bootleg?

Edited by disfunktor - 08 Jun 2017 at 6:53am
snobb View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snobb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2017 at 7:12am
it looks like radio air from Hamburg Jazz Open Fest 2016, doesn't look it has been released as CD

similar studio material is possibly presented on his studio album of the same year (on ACT)

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic