JazzMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Jazz Music Lounges >Jazz Music Lounge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Jazz couples

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chuckyspell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2011 at 9:29am
Have Mike and Leni Stern ever worked together?
Sean Trane View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sean Trane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2011 at 9:54am
Although a longtime British-scene jazzer (started in the 60's), Mike Westbrook has apparently a new wife Kate Wesbrook is a jazz singer (three albums at least in the 00's)

Edited by Sean Trane - 12 Aug 2011 at 3:40am
my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicted musicians to crazy ones....

Moshkito View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moshkito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2011 at 6:11pm
Originally posted by Dick Heath Dick Heath wrote:

I'm surprised the Dankworths had slipped below your radar - treated as jazz nobility in the UK and to some extent in the USA,  which was emphasised especially in the tributes after Sir John's death about two years ago. For instance Dudley Moore's serious jazz of the 60's can be heard in part  with Johnnie Dankworth's band.

Shhhhhh !!! No one knows that Dud also had some pretty nifty music, including jazz ... and he could play it too! ... it's much more fun to hear that horse race though and some Ad Nauseum ... !
Sean Trane View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sean Trane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2011 at 2:44am
Originally posted by Moshkito Moshkito wrote:

Originally posted by Dick Heath Dick Heath wrote:

I'm surprised the Dankworths had slipped below your radar - treated as jazz nobility in the UK and to some extent in the USA,  which was emphasised especially in the tributes after Sir John's death about two years ago. For instance Dudley Moore's serious jazz of the 60's can be heard in part  with Johnnie Dankworth's band.

Shhhhhh !!! No one knows that Dud also had some pretty nifty music, including jazz ... and he could play it too! ... it's much more fun to hear that horse race though and some Ad Nauseum ... !

Been wondering about this Dud guy??

Is that the same guy as the actor??

my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicted musicians to crazy ones....

Moshkito View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moshkito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2011 at 2:02pm
Originally posted by Sean Trane Sean Trane wrote:

Been wondering about this Dud guy??

Is that the same guy as the actor??

The very same. Sadly, his music works and songs were never released on their own, which should have been and it would have given him a bit more notoriety ... at least on the satirical songs ... all of which deserve top billing in the pantheon of English Comedy music.
Frederic_Alderon View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frederic_Alderon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2018 at 3:11pm
Judy Roberts & Greg Fishman
Russ Phillips & Jeannie Lambert
brewski View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brewski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2018 at 5:55pm
Jackie and Roy
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic