JazzMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Other music related lounges >Music and Musicians Exchange
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Can't find a good Producer/Engineer.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JamieD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Can't find a good Producer/Engineer.
    Posted: 25 Apr 2017 at 3:06am
I'm so frustrated... I can't find a good Producer/Audio Engineer to work with!

In the past I've always found professionals that were not able to get the sound I was looking for (I mostly compose jazz or classical music) for me or the bands where I play in.

Anyone feel the same pain? Can anyone suggest me a good mixing or mastering engineer for jazz/classical?
js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2017 at 3:14am
I don't have anyone to suggest. I'm mostly a small time artist, I produce and mix my own recordings, just local demos and things like that. I gave up on other engineers a long time ago and found that doing things myself got the results I really like.

Sounds like you are working in a much more demanding field than myself. My only suggestion would be to contact people who have worked on recordings that you like. Also, maybe try looking outside of the more commercial confines of LA, and look to places like NYC, or even Europe or Japan.
js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2017 at 3:24am
One LA label that I think gets a good natural sound is Summit Records, maybe check them out.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic