Forum Home Forum Home >Other music related lounges >Jazz related lounge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Guitarist J. Geils found dead in Groton home

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snobb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Guitarist J. Geils found dead in Groton home
    Posted: 12 Apr 2017 at 12:46am
 Guitarist J. Geils performed with the J. Geils Band in Boston in 2011. Geils was found dead Tuesday at his Groton home.

John Geils Jr. was a Worcester Polytechnic Institute student when he met bassist Danny Klein and harmonica player Richard Salwitz — two friends with whom he would form a trio that grew into one of Boston’s best-known bands.

A guitarist whose early tastes ran more toward jazz and blues than the rock ’n’ roll that would make him famous, Mr. Geils became a founder of the band that used an abbreviated form of his name — J. Geils Band — and gained stardom with the 1981 album “Freeze-Frame,” and its number-one single “Centerfold.” Mr. Geils, who in recent years had rekindled his lifelong passion for jazz and blues, was found dead late Tuesday afternoon in his Groton home. He was 71.

Groton police found him after responding for a well-being check at his house. Foul play is not suspected, the police department said in a statement, but his death is still being investigated, a standard procedure for unattended deaths.   

from  www.bostonglobe.com

Edited by snobb - 12 Apr 2017 at 12:47am
siLLy puPPy View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote siLLy puPPy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2017 at 7:26pm
This little quirky piece of sophisto-pop is one of my favorite albums of all time
R.I.P. - mr. J

snobb View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snobb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2017 at 12:21am
he got me on this LP too -  at that time I was an university undergraduate with love to The Stranglers, and The Ramones has gone from big scenes already 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic