JazzMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Other music related lounges >Music and Musicians Exchange
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Help ! Studies of jazz... Where to go?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mattjazzic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Help ! Studies of jazz... Where to go?
    Posted: 26 Nov 2016 at 5:57pm
Hi everyone,

my university in France, Paris, permits me to go 1 year in exchange abroad and I can choose my destination among 400 partner universities. I would really love to make the most of it to study jazz. That's why I am looking for advice for places/universities where there is an important artistic dynamic and jazz in particular and where teaching is quite reknowned (we don't have partnership with Berklee but however, regarding New-York, we have with the NYU, Rutgers and Fordham). I am looking for places in the anglo-saxon world and the middle east world (if such places exist there).

The universities have to be general because we only have partnerships with the one which have "Art and science" (social sciences) schools. But within these schools we can choose to take courses of music!

Thanks for your help guys, I am a bit lost so far so don't hesitate to leave a comment! ;)

Matthieu.

js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2016 at 6:57pm
A recent issue of Downbeat featured an extensive list of jazz music schools. When I return home this Sunday I will give you more details, but off the top of my head there is always North Texas State in Denton Texas. I will have more for you tomorrow night.

Edited by js - 26 Nov 2016 at 7:26pm
js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2016 at 5:52pm
Apparently I was thinking of the wrong magazine. 
The November issue of Jazz Times has a very extensive list of schools offering jazz studies.
I'm sure the issue is on line too, thats volume 46 number 9.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic