JazzMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Other music related lounges >General Music Discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Formats [the old/the new]

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote poorslyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Formats [the old/the new]
    Posted: 21 May 2011 at 6:36pm
For example
Santana [lotus]
the original issue [triple] with booklets, and large illustrations. 12 by 12                        or

?would you prefer the hissless digital issue. small replica. neat!
or despite clumsy needle and bulk of product etc, would you go retro vinyl for pleasure.
                                                         or
have both, play the cd whilst gazing/handling the PVC

? what other artist releases are as stark as this suggestion

may you ponder with Ying Yang

js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2011 at 6:43pm
I prefer LPs, 
I used to live down the street from one of the world's best DJ shops in San Francisco, so getting new vinyl was easy.
Kazuhiro View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazuhiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2011 at 10:55pm

I also like LP. The album put on the market again recently seems to reproduce the form of LP faithfully. It is similar also in the market in Japan.

The Lotus album of Santana was recorded in Japan and put on the market. The album art extends like the poster. It is seen one good art. Of course, it is adopted with CD.

By the way, the person who took charge of Agharta of the Lotus album and Miles Davis and the album art of Pangaea is the same.

Sean Trane View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sean Trane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2011 at 4:17am
I was a late-comer to the Cd (93 or somthing) , but once I did.... Was sooo taken with the user-friendliness compared to the vinyl, that I almost immediately decided that vinyls were a turned page in my life... Which was a little quick a decision back then, but I still buy the odd used-vinyl nowadays

I'm an audiophile (staying reasonable of course), but for me whether playing an album via Cd or vinyl doesn't make much different.... yes the comfort of the CD ... yes the warmth of the vinyl.... Yes you have to store away the vinyl... Yes the Cd is still a good sound and it doesn't affect the enjoyment of the music...

If I like the album sleeve artwork, I can make the effort of getting the mini-Lp cd...

Edited by Sean Trane - 22 May 2011 at 4:18am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic