JazzMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements >Report bugs here
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Site search bug

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
harmonium.ro View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harmonium.ro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Site search bug
    Posted: 03 Jun 2011 at 12:46pm
Thumbs Up
M@X View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Co-founder, Admin & Webmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M@X Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2011 at 10:16am
It's ok now,

the CACHE stays very long , I will reduce it to prevent this in the future.
M@X View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Co-founder, Admin & Webmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M@X Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2011 at 2:20pm
I will check this out !
snobb View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snobb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2011 at 10:45am
I will inform Max, possibly he knows the solution already.
harmonium.ro View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harmonium.ro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2011 at 10:32am
I've noticed a bug with the discography search that prevents certain artists being displayed.

If an artist's name has been corrected in the past, the search function doesn't recognize the new name and you can't find the artist that way. For example, the jazz vocalist Teodora Enache was added as Tedora Enache (lacking a letter o in the first name). Even if the name was corrected to the right form a long time ago already, the search function isn't able to find the artist when typing Teodora (correctly), and can only find the wrong name (Tedora).

Also, I noticed that the change of name didn't correct the artist page URL, which still shows the wrong name: http://www.jazzmusicarchives.com/tedora-enache.aspx

I think I remember seeing this error reported on MMA, but back then I thought maybe we only need to give the site more time to cache (or something) the new name. Seems like it's not the case.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic