JazzMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements >Report bugs here
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Posting Reviews

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Jazz Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Posting Reviews
    Posted: 03 Mar 2011 at 5:41pm
Hi Max,  just posted a review and it came up I already had reviewed the album. It did post though.Confused 
Matt
Slartibartfast View Drop Down
JMA Special Collaborator
JMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slartibartfast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2011 at 3:51pm
I have the same problem with my review of David Earle Johnson's first album.  It doesn't show but it says I reviewed it already.  All other reviews I posted after that are showing up OK.
snobb View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snobb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2011 at 4:05pm
I expect the reason is you rated the album already (before of reviewing it) 
js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2011 at 4:08pm
If you are talking about David Earle Johnson "Hip Address", its on the front page right now.
JMA Special Collaborator
JMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slartibartfast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2011 at 4:48pm
To clarify the review was for Time Is Free that isn't showing up in the DEJ artist section.  Hip Address does show.  I didn't know that went to the first page. Big smile
js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2011 at 5:08pm
I had no problem adding text to that rating. Use the edit review function and you should be able to add your text.
If you're not sure how to edit reviews, post your review here and I will add it for you.
js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2011 at 5:21pm
I just ran another test using the edit function and typing in nonsense words and once I got over 100 words it posted just fine.
Just edit it yourself or post it here and I can add it for you, but everything seems to be working fine now.
JMA Special Collaborator
JMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slartibartfast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2011 at 6:37pm
I get this:
You already reviewed this album, see your review
But nothing is there.Wacko
Here's what I wrote:
David Earle Johnson is perhaps better known for who he's played with than for his solo material.  This marks his first solo effort.  Really not a true solo as this is more of a Johnson/Jan Hammer duet album, but Johnson gets the lead credit or only credit for most of the songs.  It is a percussion driven album though with DEJ providing vocals for three tracks and JH doing the keyboard and drum kit work.  Of course they have to mix it up a little - Jan plays Log on one track and David plays Moog Drum on a couple of tracks.

Jan's musical contribution is Hammer at his best, not like the overly commercial material he was starting to do around this time.

js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2011 at 6:41pm
Its up, I used the edit review function instead of the post review function.
JMA Special Collaborator
JMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slartibartfast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2011 at 7:36pm
I just realized I snuck that album onto prog archives under Jan Hammer and did a much more extensive review which I have modified and folded into the first one I did for it here. Thanks for the help, I finally found the spot to click to edit. LOL
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic