JazzMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Jazz Music Lounges >Polls
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

A Third Davis Duo

Post Reply Post Reply
Poll Question: Which album do you prefer?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
6 [66.67%]
3 [33.33%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cannonball With Hat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A Third Davis Duo
    Posted: 08 May 2011 at 12:06am
Forgive me for littering the polls section with Miles Davis polls...but I thought this one would be more interesting than the one I just created.

Anyway, two MD albums that seem to go under the radar quite nicely. Perhaps because they are in kinda sorta electric-ish, but probably because they are surrounded by more famous albums. Either way, these two seem to be rarely talked about and seemed easy to group together.

Which your favorite?
Hit it on Five.

Saxophone Scatterbrain Blitzberg

Stab them in the ears.
Kazuhiro View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazuhiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2011 at 12:21am

It might be interesting that these albums were done immediately before the BB album is announced.

Tony Williams was completely reformative for the rhythm of Jazz. And, there was Keith Jarrett that Miles Davis had praised at this time, too.

These albums might be very important as the history of the music character of Miles Davis.

It is likely to go to "In The Sky" though I feel both good.

darkshade View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darkshade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2011 at 12:43am
I just wrote a great analysis of the 2 albums, and i encountered an error when I tried to post, and I lost it. Head on wall I can't be bothered to try and re-write what I just wrote. Maybe I'll chime in tomorrow

I chose Miles In The Sky by the way

Edited by darkshade - 08 May 2011 at 11:46am
Sean Trane View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sean Trane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2011 at 4:22am
Definitely Miles In The Sky for me...
BenevolentBehemoth View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BenevolentBehemoth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2011 at 8:30am
Miles in the sky is my favorite Davis album before 1969, so my vote goes for that.
dreadpirateroberts View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dreadpirateroberts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2011 at 8:33am
Yeah, Miles in the Sky for me too - by a fair margin, though not to say I dislike Filles De Kilimanjaro but MITS has more grunt, perhaps
We are men of action. Lies do not become us.
Reviews...
Abraxas View Drop Down
JMA Collaborator
JMA Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abraxas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2011 at 12:32am
Good one!

The antecessors of In a Silent Way. I'll have to think this one.
Matt View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Jazz Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2011 at 3:22pm
Looks like I'm out own my todd ( alone) here. Yep I went for Kilimanjaro. Your all suckers for George Benson WinkLOL
Matt
Slartibartfast View Drop Down
JMA Special Collaborator
JMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slartibartfast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2011 at 5:24pm
I went for Filles because it reminds me of cheesesteak for some reason. Tongue
I don't strongly favor one over the other though.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic