Forum Home Forum Home >Jazz Music Lounges >Jazz Music News, Press Releases
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Markus Reuter "Fool of Music"

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Markus Reuter "Fool of Music"
    Posted: 03 Jul 2016 at 11:41am

MoonJune Records presents
FOOL OF MUSIC
A glimpse into the musical world of
MARKUS REUTER 
and Friends

FREE DOWNLOAD
(WAV, FLAC, ALAC, MP3-320)
28 tracks compilation
2.5+ hrs of the uncompromised post-modern music

featuring
Stick Men, Tony Levin, Pat Mastelotto, David Cross,
05Rick, Adrian Benavides, Alessandro Bruno, Alex Anthony Faide,
Alexander Dowerk, Angelica Sanchez, Bernhard Wöstheinrich,
Cathy Stevens, centrozoon, Colorado Chamber Orchestra, Dutch Rall,
Enkhjargal Dandarvanchig, Erik Emil Eskildsen, Europa String Choir,
Evgeniy Zolotarev, Florian Bramböck, Georg Tausch, Ian Boddy,
Jochen Hempl, Julie Slick, Lee Fletcher, Lisa Fletcher, Luca Calabrese,
Mart Soo, Namgar Lkhasaranova, Robert Jürdjendal, Stephen Parsick,
Syntony, Thomas A. Blomster, Tim Bowness, Tobis Reber, Tönis Leemets,
Tony Geballe, Troy Jones, Tuner, Udo Dzierzanowski, Ulrich Pollmann, Zero Ohms.

Dear Friends in Music

Please let me introduce to Your world or Music, my friend MARKUS REUTER, whom many might know as one of the members of the seminal avant-progressive rock band STICK MEN, that also feature the legendary iconic stick player Tony Levin and the drum maestro Pat Mastelotto. This Compilation of Markus' work, available as FREE DOWNLOAD (of course donations are more than welcome) was assembled with the intent to help other music lovers to become aware of his extraordinary music. 

Direct link for the FREE DOWNLOAD:

I have asked a mutual friend of mine and Markus, Dr. Bernie Quiroga, to write liner notes for this collection of wonderful tunes.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
I was a mere Markus Reuter fan until May 20th 2015. By mere fan, I mean I would have the different Stick Men/Crimson ProjeKCt CDs, Todmorden 513, Same Time Next Life by Adrian Benavides, and the Iapetus Store free download compilations. After Markus and Stick Men took the stage of the Nescafé de las Artes Theatre in Santiago, Chile that night, I transformed into a die-hard fan. I started to buy each of the CDs that featured Markus as a performer and producer, one by one, starting with Kopfmensch and the four TUNER albums, and took it from there. 

I have been touched deeply by the music of this very prolific man. Throughout these past 12 months, I have been listening to Markus more than any other musician. Different moods, different challenges, different approaches. All are immensely rewarding. I consider myself blessed to have had the privilege to give this music ears. His music touches different fibers within you. When I bought The Cult of: Bibbiboo, I wasn’t aware that it had been such a groundbreaking album in multiple genres; I just loved the rhythms and textures. When I bought Modus Novus and let it assault my senses, I had no idea about the manifesto behind the Quartet for the End of Time. When I dabbed into the beauty of the collaboration between Markus Reuter and Zero Ohms, I was unaware that they had been nominated for the prestigious Schallwelle prize (an important award for German electronic music) for that music. Markus is an innovator and a path-breaking discoverer, but to me, being a relative newcomer to his music, Markus is a very dear friend. Markus befriended me both as a person and through his music. 

I assembled this collection of tracks with the intent to help other music lovers to become aware of Markus Reuter’s fantastic legacy. His first anthology, Kopfmensch, is a beautiful amalgam of material, and it leaves you wanting more. This new collection builds on that, and takes several steps further. It was not trivial to put together a collection that both gives a comprehensive view to Markus’s music as well as a collection that is eminently listenable on its own. Like The Beatles’ White Album. Or Pat Mastelotto’s Recidivate or Trey Gunn’s I’ll Tell What I Saw. Or the three volumes of Mike Oldfield’s Tubular Bells. Or King Crimson’s Heavy ConstruKction. No skips needed. All killer, no filler. You push play, and then, a couple of hours or so later, you realize it is over. You just spent some time with a close friend, drinking a sweet cup of coffee, sharing memories and good times. 

MADE WITH LOVE

Dr. Bernie Quiroga, July 1st, 2016

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Earlier this year, MoonJune Records, in association with Markus' label Unsung Records, has released a double live album of STICK MEN "Midori", with special guest David Cross (of the King Crimson hall of fame). In November, MoonJune Records will release an exciting collective project of Markus Reuter with the English guitarist Mark Wingfield and London based Israeli musos, Yaron Stavi on bass guitar nd Asaf Sirkis on drums. In January 2017, Markus Reuter will debut on MJR with his new solo album, and in the Spring 2017, a duo record on Markus Reuter and Mark Wingfield will land on the Planet MoonJune. In meanwhile, MoonJune Music (booking representative of the band) is partnering later this Summer with Stick Men for the promotion of the band's long awaited brand new studio album "Prog Noir" to be released in the Fall.

Markus Reuter, born in Lippstadt, Germany in 1972, is a German multi-disciplinary musician, composer, record producer and instrument designer. His work spans (and frequently fuses) art rock, progressive rock, loop music, contemporary classical music and alternative pop. Reuter is a member of multiple ongoing bands and projects (including centrozoon, Tuner, Stick Men, The Crimson ProjeKct and Europa String Choir). Most recently, he has begun to establish himself as a contemporary classical composer via the performance and recording of his large-scale orchestral piece Todmorden 513. He plays Touch Guitars®, the brand of touch style instruments which he co-designed with luthier Ed Reynolds.

To know more about Markus, I suggest the following links:
==> Interview in 15 Questions. net (click HERE)
​==> Anil Prasad's interview in Innerviews, 2015, Gates Of Perception (click HERE)
​==> Anil Prasad's interview in Innerviews, 2007, Wild Sonic Combinations (click HERE)
​==> Smells Like Infinite Sadness Web Magazine, 2014 (click HERE)
​==> Nick DeRiso's interview in Something Else Reviews, 2013 (click HERE)

Markus Reuter's websites:

In meanwhile, please support Markus Reuter, download the compilation, share the link, and enjoy his great music. And check his webstore: www.iapetus-media.com

Yours in Music

Leonardo/MoonJune

For those into fashion, FOOL OF MUSIC T-SHIRT is available on 
Markus' webstore at Iapetus Media. All merch is shipped from Germany only.

David Cross in the Court of the Stick Men Kings
Tony LevinPat MastelottoMarkus Reuter
CD $22.50 + shipping • HD Download $15

footer image
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic