Forum Home Forum Home >Jazz Music Lounges >Jazz Music News, Press Releases
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Herbie Hancock to Premiere New Band

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snobb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Herbie Hancock to Premiere New Band
    Posted: 05 May 2016 at 2:48pm

Herbie Hancock to Premiere New Band, Music in Brooklyn

Robert Glasper Experiment to open

By Carolina Worrell

On Aug. 11, Herbie Hancock will headline BRIC Celebrate Brooklyn! at the Prospect Park Bandshell with a new band featuring keyboardist and saxophonist Terrace Martin, guitarist Lionel Loueke, drummer Trevor Lawrence Jr. and bassist James Genus. Robert Glasper Experiment will perform an opening set, and special surprise guests will be announced soon. The show starts at 7 p.m.; doors open at 6 p.m.

"I'm looking forward to playing at the BRIC Celebrate Brooklyn! Festival with some new music that I'm working on and a new approach on some of my older tunes,” Hancock said in a press release. “I'm also excited about working with some young musicians touring with me for the first time.”

Presented in partnership with Le Poisson Rouge (LPR) Presents, the benefit concert is the first event in the This Is Our Music series, which references the genre-defying album of the same name by Ornette Coleman, and will help support free programming at the BRIC Celebrate Brooklyn! Festival.

"This Is Our Music is a seminal album and title by my father; this series continues in that expression of openness and creative exploration,” said Coleman’s son, Denardo, in a press release.

Celebrating the development and inspiration of improvised music, This Is Our Music will be the overall presenting organization of the NYC Winter Jazzfest and new programming throughout the year in New York City and beyond.

Tickets for the series will be available for purchase beginning May 6 at thisisourmusiclive.com and lpr.com. General admission is $49.50, reserved seating is $75.50 and gold circle reserved seating is $97.50.

from http://jazztimes.com
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic