JazzMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Other music related lounges >Get The Word Out
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Vee Jay Records Unreleased Music

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beca909 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Vee Jay Records Unreleased Music
    Posted: 29 Apr 2016 at 8:35pm
Hi All!
New to the jazz world and looking for some advice. Ran across some reel to reel tapes from Vee Jay Records...possibly master tapes and unreleased tracks... and I'm looking for the best way to get these appraised and who would be a reliable source of information. Artists include Jimmy Reed, John Lee Hooker, Jerry Butler, The Eldorados and The Spaniels. Thanks!!!
js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2016 at 8:45pm
Wow! What an incredible find.
Someone I know who works a lot with music collectables and is a reliable trustworthy person is Ray at the Grooves record shop in San Francisco. Sorry I can't remember his last name, but we used to trade records on a weekly to daily basis back when I lived down the street from his shop.

I'm in Memphis now, but tell him John who used to live down the street recommended him, he may remember me, anyway, he's a great guy to work with. Best of luck, that sounds like some interesting stuff.
beca909 View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beca909 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2016 at 8:59pm
Thanks JS! I reached out to the shop and hopefully I'll hear back soon! :)
js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2016 at 9:01pm
If Ray isn't around, his daughter could probably help you, and I don't remember her name anymore, it has been a while.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic