JazzMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Topics not related to music >I Have A Question For You......?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Avatar Question

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Splanky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Forum Avatar Question
    Posted: 29 Mar 2016 at 3:26pm
I would like to use a different image for my avatar but I don't understand how to link to it.  Do I need to host the image somewhere out on the web?  Can't I upload it from my computer?  Thanks!
Scott W. Weaver
www.splankyradio.com
js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2016 at 3:42pm
Go into your Member Profile and look at the top left corner, in small print it says Member Control Panel, click on that and on that page near the top you will see Edit Profile, go on that page and scroll down until you see where you can add an avatar.
Splanky View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Splanky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2016 at 9:03pm
Thanks for the response but I guess I am confused by this instruction: "type the path in to your own Avatar (must be 64 x 64 pixels)."

Then the box displays "http://" implying that I have to go out to the web to upload my avatar image but the file is on my computer itself.  I have tried typing a path to my avatar file on my computer but it doesn't work.  Do I have to host my avatar on a website somewhere in order to use it here?

Sorry if I am being dense.

Scott W. Weaver
www.splankyradio.com
snobb View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snobb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2016 at 4:42am
yes, you need to host your avatar wherever you can in the web to get it as www link after, then just use your link (removing double http://) adding to the window on Member Control panel
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic