JazzMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Other music related lounges >Jazz related lounge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Soundtracks and Library Music

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Katje Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Soundtracks and Library Music
    Posted: 01 May 2011 at 11:18pm
Anyone else interested in 'em? Lots a gems to be found. Was thinking about this movie during some mornings exercise.

Alain Goraguer's La Plančte Sauvage (regretfully dubbed in English)

Edited by Katje - 01 May 2011 at 11:19pm
harmonium.ro View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harmonium.ro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2011 at 5:25am
What's "library music"?
Katje View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Katje Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2011 at 6:59am
It is music which whose copyright is owned entirely (I think) by music libraries. Since they own the rights to the music permission from the artist is not need, hence Library music is commonly used in films, TV, radio, et cetera. Often it is commissioned and produced by the libraries for this purpose.  

snobb View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snobb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2011 at 7:12am
I heard a few Janko Nilovic albums (if I trully remember he is of Montenegrian origin, but for years lives in Paris, had recorded a lot of library albums
snobb View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snobb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2011 at 7:15am
BTW, one well know library music example is Soft Machine's album Rubber Riff - the album was originally released by Karl Jenkins under his name as library music, and only many years later was re-released as Soft Machine album 
Matt View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Jazz Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2011 at 4:04pm

I have a few soundtracks by  Ennio Morricone, Lalo Schifron, but there are millions. I have enough cds and I don't need to get into Soundtracks, Where would I put them. Shelfs are full now Ermm

Matt
Katje View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Katje Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2011 at 11:12pm
Originally posted by snobb snobb wrote:

I heard a few Janko Nilovic albums (if I trully remember he is of Montenegrian origin, but for years lives in Paris, had recorded a lot of library albums

Yep that's the guy. While I've heard a couple of his other releases Rythmes Contemporains is the only one which hit home. 

Originally posted by Matt Matt wrote:

I have a few soundtracks by  Ennio Morricone, Lalo Schifron, but there are millions. I have enough cds and I don't need to get into Soundtracks, Where would I put them. Shelfs are full now Ermm

You mean there's no room for Lesbian Vampires on your shelves!

I usually don't have the space problem with CD's (books are another issue entirely) I tend to get rid of the ones I don't like / don't listen to much anymore (this happens to be an overwhelming amount). As we speak I've a box 200-300 albums ready to dispatch when I'm energetic enough to amble on down to the city. Would make the wife happy Wink

js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2011 at 11:41pm
^ I have that soundtrack, and lots more too.
darkshade View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darkshade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2011 at 12:34am
I dont think I have much of this. I have A Charlie Brown Christmas if that counts
Matt View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Jazz Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2011 at 5:05pm
Originally posted by Katje Katje wrote:

Originally posted by snobb snobb wrote:

Yep that's the guy. While I've heard a couple of his other releases Rythmes Contemporains is the only one which hit home. 

You mean there's no room for Lesbian Vampires on your shelves!

I usually don't have the space problem with CD's (books are another issue entirely) I tend to get rid of the ones I don't like / don't listen to much anymore (this happens to be an overwhelming amount). As we speak I've a box 200-300 albums ready to dispatch when I'm energetic enough to amble on down to the city. Would make the wife happy Wink

Dvds have there on spot but they can be pushed out by albums. LOL Horror movies are big here but still have not seen Lesbian Vampires, enough of them around in bars at night when I go out. They can buy they're own drinks Wink married anyway. I only sell the realy bad albums and even most of them I still keep. My wife does complain occassionally but generally she is great about it.Heart
Matt
triceratopsoil View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote triceratopsoil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2011 at 5:11pm

married anyway

Not to mention male.
Matt View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Jazz Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2011 at 5:56pm
Originally posted by triceratopsoil triceratopsoil wrote:

married anyway

Not to mention male.
What has that got to do with it Wink They all have the same anatomy LOL
Matt
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic