JazzMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Jazz Music Lounges >Jazz Music Recommendations/Featured albums
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Seeking 1978 Loussier's Mozart Symph. #40

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote cquarksnow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Seeking 1978 Loussier's Mozart Symph. #40
    Posted: 13 Sep 2015 at 11:27pm
Whereas Jacques Loussier was mostly known for Bach jazz transcriptions, I stumbled upon a transcription of the 1st movement of Mozart Symphony #40 with his trio on a demo cassette that came with the JVC KD-2 recorder in 1978.
A year later he released Pulsion https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=heuGW9aCZuA that was much more distant from the original work.
The 1978 interpretation was very classical and constrained in nature, with a harmonious orchestral balance. I mean by "constrained" something like this : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKdM34tZImI   in contrast with Pulsion.
JASRAC gave the copyright clearance to JVC for that demo cassette, that also included amongst others "On the border" from Al Stewart.
No need to say I searched high and low on Youtube, Tidal, iTunes, Spotify, Amazon and wonder whether someone might put me in the right direction as it appears Jacques and his daughter have no recollection at this point.

Cheers,

Christopher

js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2015 at 2:52am
The only advice I have is to keep checking ebay and other similar sites to see if someone has the deck for sale, they might still have the demo.
cquarksnow View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cquarksnow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2015 at 10:00pm
Thanks, I did that as well , including all JVC cassette decks that were contemporaries.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic