Forum Home Forum Home >Jazz Music Lounges >Jazz Gigs, Tours and Festivals
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The London Latin Jazz Fest 2015

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snobb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The London Latin Jazz Fest 2015
    Posted: 19 Aug 2015 at 10:23am

The London Latin Jazz Fest 2015

What we bring is energy … a mutual exchange between audience and performers and an expression of the joy and exuberance of Latin culture and music.

We are now on the third edition of this annual festival and as we go from strength to strength, I am delighted to be able to showcase a rich mix of new and established London Latin Jazz artists.  

Cuban violin virtuoso Omar Puente brings in Grammy-winning flautist Oriente Lopez and Felipe Cabrera (who I remember from Gonzalo Rubalcaba) for an exciting collaboration - three formidable soloists for an unforgettable night.

Colombian Dorance Lorza with his Sexteto Café is one of the London pioneers of the latin-combo sound reinvented from the classic 60’s and 70’s era.  A multi award-winning artist, Dorance brings his compelling “salsa con vibes” latin jazz sound to the festival.

We welcome back young Cuban vocalist/pianist/bandleader, Eliane Correa who continues to blaze through with her fiery path, driving the London scene forward with her En El Aire latin jazz project, tipped by Gilles Peterson as one of the freshest new sounds to come out of Havana.   

Rising stars on the London groove-jazz scene, J-Sonics launch their debut album at the London Jazz Festival with tracks straddling Brazilian, Afrobeat and funk, featuring passionate London based Spanish vocalist Grace Rodson. Mixing up vibrant originals and supercharged latin classics the group bring another dimension to the festival with powerful jazz soloing and burning grooves.

And finally, I am delighted to bring in gospel maestro Nicky Brown and his group of singers for a premiere of our new Afro-Cuban Gospel Project, for which I have been warming up for years … latin fire with gospel vocal power, a potent mix for the night! 

Previous festivals have seen fiery nights, packed with lovers of latin music, and in 2015 we expect nothing less!  Join us between the 29th September and 1st October for unforgettable concerts and an intense exchange of energy …. 

Alex Wilson

Festival Curator

from www.londonlatinjazzfest.com/
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic