JazzMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Jazz Music Lounges >Unsigned bands and artists
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Young Jazz Group - New Video

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mattwongguitar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Young Jazz Group - New Video
    Posted: 12 Aug 2015 at 9:27am
Hi everyone,

My name's Matt Wong, I'm a guitarist from West Windsor, NJ, and I lead my own band, the Matt Wong Group. I took some video from our last gig on Saturday in Princeton, NJ and I thought I'd share the link here. We're a fairly new group, so any comments on our playing would be very helpful for us to become better players individually, and as a band.

Thanks,
Matt
js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2015 at 9:45am
Thanks Matt, you guys have a lot of potential, interesting arrangement with lots of time change-ups, not cliche at all.
My only advice would be that when playing for a lot of people who aren't really jazz fans (like a lot of people in your video) sometimes throw them something simple to catch on to.
mattwongguitar View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mattwongguitar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2015 at 9:48am
Hi js,

Thanks for your comments. You definitely have a good point there. I never actually thought of that.

Matt
js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2015 at 1:24pm
Best of luck to you and let us know when you have some music for sale and we will add you to the site.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic