1 [3.57%]
6 [21.43%]
20 [71.43%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Jazz Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Royal Wedding
    Posted: 28 Apr 2011 at 6:11pm

Vote as many times as you like. I will watch the highlights after work or might even have a look on the phone briefly. I am curious myself and that is coming from someone who would like to see the British colonial days gone and also would like the Union Jack removed of our flag as Australia is Australia now and not a Convict colony. Still though I am curious to watch all that pomp. No offence to anyone British it is just I would like us to be a proper republic  and cut the apron strings.

Matt
js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2011 at 6:17pm
^ we got them off our case in the states a long time ago, we found that militant violence and bloodshed was the best solution, and hey  ..it worked. Wink
triceratopsoil View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote triceratopsoil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2011 at 6:18pm
I was invited, but alas I had to decline as sitting in front of a computer is more important.
Krilons Resa View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Krilons Resa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2011 at 6:30pm
I don't get it.
That shows you the power of music, that magician of magician, who lifts his wand, says his mysterious word and all things real pass away and the phantoms of your mind walk before you clothed in flesh.
Matt View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Jazz Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2011 at 6:38pm
Originally posted by js js wrote:

^ we got them off our case in the states a long time ago, we found that militant violence and bloodshed was the best solution, and hey  ..it worked. Wink
The ones that complained here John were the Irish( I am Irish descent predominately) and you know how good we were LOL The rest went to the pub,beach or were to busy having a barbecue. Big smile
Matt
harmonium.ro View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harmonium.ro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2011 at 7:06pm
I'm sure there will be some football available. 
Hawkwise View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hawkwise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2011 at 7:10am
I am English and couldn't give a damn , but as i now live in Canada i have been sleeping through it all  
but was a good excuse for a good piss up back  Home and they got two days holiday from it to lucky buggers,

Edited by Hawkwise - 29 Apr 2011 at 7:10am
"If you're trying to be hip, be hip." - Miles Davis
idlero View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote idlero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2011 at 7:15am
Any good jazz being played at the wedding?
I think the problem with a lot of the fusion music is that it's extremely predictable, it's a rock rhythm and the solos all play the same stuff and they play it over and over again ...
Ken Burns
The Manticore View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Manticore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2011 at 8:39am
Shift work precludes me from watching.

Will I regret it ? Not for second.
When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading.

Matt View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Jazz Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2011 at 3:39pm
I saw the highliights on my Phone last night. Although I did not see them pash. Twice I believe. Well that is what my wife told me and as anyone knows who is married your wife cannot be wrong.
Matt
Pekka View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pekka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2011 at 4:24pm
I really had zero interest in the whole happening. I caught a piece of it by chance at work and heard it was a national holiday over there. We had nothing like that when our president got married, dammit.

But the ice hockey world championships, that's something to talk about today Back to topic
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic