JazzMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Jazz Music Lounges >Jazz Music Lounge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Help identifying big band songs

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Help identifying big band songs
    Posted: 16 Jul 2015 at 11:08pm
While archiving my cassettes to MP3, I came across a concert tape from my college jazz ensemble, but unfortunately the names of most of the songs weren't announced (or at least not recorded).

Any suggestions of how I might be able to get some help in identifying the songs?
js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2015 at 2:17am
Record the concert on to a youtube video, that way you can post it here, as well as other jazz sites, and see if people recognize anything.
You can also get responses on youtube as well. 
It also helps if you can post time markers where each new song starts.
Spike View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2015 at 11:15am
The videos are posted at

My YouTube videos

Edited by Spike - 17 Jul 2015 at 11:16am
js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2015 at 11:42am
None of those are familiar except number 3 sounds sort of like something by Quincy Jones in the early 60s, I think its on "I Dig Dancers", I'll try to get the title later.

Quite often these sort of college concerts feature originals by the band members, which could be what we have here, also, there is a lot of band literature out there thats made just for college bands and education programs, but you'll never hear it outside of that environment.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic