JazzMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Jazz Music Lounges >Jazz Music Lounge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Please help identify this artist

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cinningbao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Please help identify this artist
    Posted: 03 Jan 2015 at 9:03am
Hi,

I'm new here, and I love Jazz. I have near-perfect music transcribing skills (when it comes to pop/rock/regular music) but a lot of jazz tips me over my real-time analysis ability and forces me to just let it wash over me.. which doesn't happen often in music for me!

Yeah, so, I listen to Jazz FM in the UK, and although they have the up-to-date play history, I sometimes miss a good track's artist detail. A few weeks ago,as I was waking up, I heard a funky little number. Loved the musical imprint it made on me but I completely missed the artist!

I was able to fairly roughly recreate the features of the track, in the hope of another internet person recognising the track and letting me know the artist's name, here:

https://soundcloud.com/cinningbao/unknownjazz2

I was also in the middle of a flu-ey week so, cripes, the vox are not a nice noise, but you'll get the idea.

Many thanks and hope you're enjoying the new year so far! :)

Cheers!
CB
js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2015 at 10:00am
I don't recognize the song, but it sounds like one of those Sergio Mendes and Brasil 66 or 67 type arrangements.
cinningbao View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cinningbao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2015 at 11:43am
Hi - thanks js.

Sounds like a good starting point, I'll sift through the catalogue and see what other gems I find :)
cinningbao View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cinningbao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2015 at 9:20am
Hi,

I have located the actual track I head and it is Airto Moreira - Toque de Cuica

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYaB0zZAUq8

I love the percussion breaks towards the end!
The original is much better than my ill-sounding version..

Hope you like :)
js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2015 at 10:05am
Thanks for letting us know, its always interesting to see how these things end up.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic