JazzMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Other music related lounges >General Music Discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Awayting new Toto album 2015

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Asmodean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Awayting new Toto album 2015
    Posted: 29 Dec 2014 at 1:27pm
As a huge Toto fan, can't wait to put my knobby hand on the new Toto disk, its gonna be a nerwrecking experience, but also a very delightfull thing, me and the family listend to Farenheit, in the car to the shopping mall Big smile, and it made me think " omg i love the brisk sound of Toto" that sharp ness only jazz influenced band can do, yet angry enough guitar to give rockers value for the money.

Few bands groove so hard as Toto, and i look so forward to that new Toto album, i seriously think it will be a genuine musical treat.
"I created these characters, and I am an Old Testament God with my fist in the middle of their lives." by Robert Jordan Auther of the Wheel of Time fantasy wonderstory

Asmodean View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Asmodean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2014 at 1:34pm
whats peeps favourite Toto album anyway,,

I really appreciated Farenheit in the car, it is a really cool, funky album full of spikyness, and amazing druming from Jeff, and the guitar on some tracks are so warm as molted led, contrasting to the very jazzy lushy  synth and keyboard chords, songs like Til the End is one of my favourite pop/funk/jazzy arrangement.

Edited by Asmodean - 29 Dec 2014 at 1:41pm
"I created these characters, and I am an Old Testament God with my fist in the middle of their lives." by Robert Jordan Auther of the Wheel of Time fantasy wonderstory

js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2014 at 2:01pm
I don't have a favorite Toto album, I never really got into them.
Asmodean View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Asmodean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2014 at 2:04pm
Tal Wilkenfield (spelling) plays bass on some tracks on the next Toto release

snobb View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snobb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2014 at 3:47pm
saw Toto live on European tour about 8 yrs ago in Budapest, didn't add any special impression to my previous feeling that they are just another AOR band (with good studio rock musicians on board though). I still like their hit "Africa" - most probably just a sign of nostalgia to 80s when we all were younger Embarrassed
Asmodean View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Asmodean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2014 at 5:40am
Originally posted by snobb snobb wrote:

saw Toto live on European tour about 8 yrs ago in Budapest, didn't add any special impression to my previous feeling that they are just another AOR band (with good studio rock musicians on board though). I still like their hit "Africa" - most probably just a sign of nostalgia to 80s when we all were younger Embarrassed
you could do yourself a favour and delve littele deepr into the bands history and probably then it will appear to be nothing like the run-of-the mill AOR band, Toto has as varied discographie as the most prolific prog band, with abilites, way beyond a standard rock group,

I recomed Tambu as a good listen if you want to listen to more eclectic Toto record

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic