JazzMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Other music related lounges >General Music Discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

What are You Listening II

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3132333435 45>
Author
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sandra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2019 at 3:31pm
Originally posted by rushfan4 rushfan4 wrote:

River: The Joni Letters

I listened to the album. Magnificent ! And the title a case of you is sublime. I'm going for a walk on Joni Mitchell's side. 

Thanks a lot to both of you Smile
Sandra View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sandra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2019 at 3:43pm
So as as a thank you, it's my turn to drop you  a little something 

js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2019 at 12:55pm
Lionel Loueke yes, I am already a fan. This reminds me of Herbie's album with Foday Musa Suso.

Edited by js - 03 Mar 2019 at 12:55pm
Sandra View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sandra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2019 at 1:59pm
Hello, long week ! But I listened to what you posted, and it gave me desires of Africa Smile

Sandra View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sandra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2019 at 2:58pm
I started to take a closer look at who Joni Mitchell is. And I discovered that I already know one of her songs. Interpreted by Caecilie Norby accompanied by Lars Danielsson. Very moving.

Edited by Sandra - 08 Mar 2019 at 3:01pm
js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2019 at 6:14pm
^ Those are some of my favorite song lyrics.
Sandra View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sandra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2019 at 2:43pm
The lyrics are important for the french songs I like. For the english songs it's different because of the language barrier. I'm hooked by the music. I understand the general idea of the text, and it's according to this general idea and the emotion that the interpret passes that I would go for the translation. It's a little bit frustrating not to master the language, because most of the poetry and subjectivity of the text is lost in translation. 
Despite this, some texts are still very strong,  even after passing through the filter of translation. For exemple this song, specially sung by Johnny Cash...

Sandra View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sandra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2019 at 3:29pm
js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2019 at 1:19am
I may not be able to understand French, Spanish and others, but the musical sounds of these languages are better than English.

rushfan4 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rushfan4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2019 at 7:17am
Sanity and Gravity
Sandra View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sandra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2019 at 3:05pm
Originally posted by js js wrote:

I may not be able to understand French, Spanish and others, but the musical sounds of these languages are better than English.

It puts me in memory of this video found by chance on YouTube and that is incredible !

Sandra View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sandra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2019 at 3:32pm
Originally posted by rushfan4 rushfan4 wrote:

Sanity and Gravity

Thank for this discovery.
My favorite drummer is Rob Turner. In french we say it's "mon chouchou"Wink

Sandra View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sandra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2019 at 4:02pm
One last for pleasure Wink

I wish you a beautyfull night or a good day. It's according to where in the world you live ! Smile

js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2019 at 8:37pm
Sandra View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sandra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2019 at 3:01pm
js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2019 at 8:50pm
Sandra View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sandra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2019 at 4:44pm
As I'm curious, I went to see what is the dub Wink. That brought me to reggae, Gainsbourg, but by pushing further, to electronic music ! And there I know some music I like. But I'll come back to that next time.

For tonight I was listening to that :

My favorite film, set in music in a masterfull way. 

js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2019 at 8:36pm
Dubbing is a mixing technique that started in reggae in the late 70s, and then was picked up by electronica DJs in the 90s. Dub style mixes can show up in all styles of music now.
Prince jammy was the first artist i heard in that style.
js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2019 at 12:57pm
Sandra View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sandra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2019 at 2:16pm
Originally posted by js js wrote:

It's great !
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3132333435 45>
  Share Topic