JazzMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Jazz Music Lounges >Jazz Music Recommendations/Featured albums
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Need artists that make similar sounding music

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JEABOI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Need artists that make similar sounding music
    Posted: 28 Aug 2014 at 9:08am
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCN7ge_7yYg

If someone could recommend me songs or artists that sound or play similar to the music in the background of this munchies video. The actual song was made by jingle punks so I can't find the actual song but if someone could recommend me similar sounding music that would be great. Thank you!
js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2014 at 9:26am
Yeah, I like that music. I have an album to recommend right away: "Viva Bossa Nova" by Laurindo Almeida.
I'll be back with some samples and more info in a bit.
js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2014 at 9:28am
Here is a sample from the album.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-li45UK20j8
js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2014 at 9:33am
Basically your advert sample is Bossa Nova music, but played with cheezy lounge organs and so forth. 
Those bachelor pad and space age pop compilations from the 90s usually had a lot of that sort of sound.

Try looking for Bossa Nova records with electric instrumentation, some likely artists include Laurindo Almeida and Walter Wanderley. You may find Wanderley to be a treasure trove.
Prez Prado is simlar, but he plays Cuban rhythms with cheezy lounge organ sounds.
I'll try to think of more.

Edited by js - 28 Aug 2014 at 9:35am
js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2014 at 9:34am
Here is Wanderley:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNFOauC0UxA

Also, try going through our Exotica section here at JMA, you may find many similar artists.

Edited by js - 28 Aug 2014 at 9:37am
JEABOI View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JEABOI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2014 at 10:07am
Oh wow thanks for the quick and thorough response! I am definitely going to check all these out. Thanks again!
js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2014 at 12:22pm
Here is a compilation you may want to check out, "Organs in Orbit".

and here is our Exotica section:

Edited by js - 28 Aug 2014 at 12:23pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic