JazzMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Jazz Music Lounges >Jazz Music News, Press Releases
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

RIP Horace Silver

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazuhiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: RIP Horace Silver
    Posted: 19 Jun 2014 at 5:50am
Comment from universal music

June 18, 2014

The blue note record is surprised at the death of the Horace Silver (1928-2014) deeply. It is this great pianist and plans the contribution to the blue note of the composer and does not become known. Horace died at 85 years old this morning on (June 18). Horace who is the founder of a pioneer of Hard Bop and jazz messengers softens bebop in gospel, Bruce, an element of the R & B,I produced soulful, modern jazz recognized to be "blue note sound" later.

In 1952, Lou Donaldson of the saxophone player was going to do a quartet session. However, a schedule did not match, and it was the work that Holles was the first to have recorded the blue note accidentally. Instead of canceling recording, Alfred Lion who is the founder of the blue note decides it when it is time of the debut of Horace oneself,I recorded the trio performance of his original musical piece. The number of times that Horace recorded for blue note as a participation member as a leader again for 27 years exceeds 40 times, and the last session that blue note went to before an activity stop in that in 1979 is included. I cannot finish counting the excellent record which "Doe drin", he including the "senor blues" "sister Sadie" "peace" "song four Mai father" produced until now.

I give mourning to a great master of the great music that I contributed to in the world. It is Mr. silver peacefully.

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/2014/06/18/323346744/jazz-pianist-composer-horace-silver-dies-at-85
js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2014 at 8:09am
Very influential piano player and a great loss.
Cannonball With Hat View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cannonball With Hat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2014 at 1:58pm
Wow! If I'm honest I always assumed he had passed on already. Embarrassed

RIP...a true jazz legend.
Hit it on Five.

Saxophone Scatterbrain Blitzberg

Stab them in the ears.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic