JazzMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements >Suggest new bands/artists to JMA
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Eric Friedlander

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Freddie Freeloader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Eric Friedlander
    Posted: 22 Apr 2011 at 2:08pm
I wanted to review his CD Skin but was unable to find him in the site, he is a great jazz chellist and band leader associated with John Zorn. I know he sometimes names his bands, is he in under one of his band names? If he is I think we should add his solo work as well, thanks for the help!

Great Site by the way much more attractive than PA or MMA!
Freddie Freeloader View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Freddie Freeloader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2011 at 2:13pm
snobb View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snobb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2011 at 2:36pm
Erik Friedlander is added already
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Freddie Freeloader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2011 at 2:40pm
Originally posted by snobb snobb wrote:

Erik Friedlander is added already
(feels like an idiot)
somehow his name is spelled wrong in my iTunes. I must have not been paying attention when I imput the CD info. Changing that nowEmbarrassed
thanks snobb
snobb View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snobb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2011 at 2:42pm
No problem - and I like his music Smile
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Freddie Freeloader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2011 at 2:44pm
^^^
Im new to him but i'm interested in getting more of his stuff. What would you consider to be his most essential album?
snobb View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snobb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2011 at 2:51pm
I didn't listen his all albums, and really know him more by collaboration on Zorn's projects. From his solo works I think one of most interesting is Volac (from "Book Of Angels" series) - only cello (no other instruments) music, combining Zorn's music (from Masada series) and chamber jazz. You can hear Erik's musicianship at its best there
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Freddie Freeloader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2011 at 3:18pm
So far I only have Uri Caine's contribution to the book of angels series, I thought it was great! If Friedlanders playing is up to that same standard then I will certainly check that out!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic