JazzMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements >Suggest new bands/artists to JMA
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Maria Raducanu

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harmonium.ro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Maria Raducanu
    Posted: 21 Apr 2011 at 10:37am
Maria Răducanu is the most important Romanian jazz vocalist of this past decade. None of the three albums she appears on are solo albums of her, but like always with collaborations, she always got to be the first mentioned in the names because she's the vocalist. All the three albums are jazz interpretations of Romanian traditional songs, each in a different way.

The first is with the already known here Vlaicu Golcea (from Jazz Unit and Cristian Soleanu) and Sorin Romanescu (from Iordache, Cristian Soleanu, Marius Popp, etc.). The interpretations are very experimental in an ambiental, psychedelic way.

Brilliant album.

The second album is with pianist Mircea Tiberian (already on JMA). This is a more traditional vocal+piano jazz.

The third album was released on 2010 on Tzadik; she plays with Marc Ribot. Here he brings influence from world music and improv jazz.

Edited by harmonium.ro - 21 Apr 2011 at 10:37am
idlero View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote idlero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2011 at 12:31pm
I noticed she was missing but I was sure that sooner or later you will suggest her, and I have my own agenda to pursue(still some 20 artists on my list waiting to be suggested)
I think the problem with a lot of the fusion music is that it's extremely predictable, it's a rock rhythm and the solos all play the same stuff and they play it over and over again ...
Ken Burns
harmonium.ro View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harmonium.ro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2011 at 2:57pm
You're doing a GREAT job! I didn't know you had such an extensive knowledge of jazz. Shocked Clap

I have four more suggestions of Romanian jazz artists left, then I'm done. After that I'm starting to complete the discographies.
Ricochet View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ricochet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2011 at 4:13pm
Originally posted by harmonium.ro harmonium.ro wrote:

I didn't know you had such an extensive knowledge of jazz. Shocked Clap

Really! Geek

snobb View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snobb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2011 at 12:01am
   added
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harmonium.ro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2011 at 8:25am
Can the artist name be changed to Maria Răducanu, please? Big smile I know the JMA software doesn't have a problem with ă because it's shown OK on in Johnny Răducanu's entry.

Here's a nice artist photo:

Edited by harmonium.ro - 08 May 2011 at 9:03am
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harmonium.ro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2011 at 9:02am
Ah crap, I was adding her first album when I pressed "Submit" before I actually wrote anything. Censored

Here's the info, can you edit it? Thanks and I'm sorry for the trouble.

Release information: La Strada Music.

Tracklist:
1. And I Love Her (5:14)
2. Pe vale (7:45)
3. Clouds (2:49)
4. Cântec de mireasă (2:50)
5. Trei focuri (2:19)
6. Corindeni (3:22)
7. A Lift To The Sky (3:52)
8. Fată dalbă de-mpărat (7:24)
9. ..002 (2:13)
10. La désirée (4:47)
11. Where Flamingos Fly (6:18)
12. Pe vale (radio edit) (3:29)

Total playing time 52:28

Line-up:
- Maria Răducanu / vocals
- Vlaicu Golcea / double bass, musical arrangements
- Sorin Romanescu / guitar, musical arrangements

Cover:

snobb View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snobb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2011 at 10:56am
Corrected. Better to send such info on errors/omissions  thread otherwise it  sometimes could be unnoticed
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic