JazzMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements >Suggest new bands/artists to JMA
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Mumpbeak

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rushfan4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mumpbeak
    Posted: 08 Jan 2014 at 3:33pm
A search for Mumpbeak resulted with nothing so I don't think that they have been mentioned here before.  I am including a link to this article on AllAboutJazz that talks about this band. http://news.allaboutjazz.com/news.php?id=106904#.Us3B9PsUqHY

The musicians include names that some of you may have heard of like Bill Laswell, Pat Mastellotto, Tony Levin, Roy Powell, and Shanir Blumenkranz.  The song Forelock was included on a recent sampler from Prog magazine.  I don't have any links to the music at the moment so will post once I find any, or if anyone else has heard them and has an opinion please feel free to add it.

Here is some information on their debut album.  http://www.silent-watcher.net/billlaswell/discography/m/mumpbeak.html

I'm not sure how to categorize them for Jazz purposes so I am open to suggestions.

Thank you,

Scott

Edited by rushfan4 - 08 Jan 2014 at 3:37pm
rushfan4 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rushfan4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2014 at 3:42pm
This link looks like it has 3 of the songs.  http://www.rarenoiserecords.com/mumpbeak
js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2014 at 10:23pm
Stern Smile    allaboutjazz
snobb View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snobb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2014 at 1:02am
added            
rushfan4 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rushfan4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2014 at 12:24pm
Originally posted by js js wrote:

Stern Smile    allaboutjazz
Sorry.  When I googled Mumpbeak that was the article that came up that talked about them.  Embarrassed
js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2014 at 12:28pm
I'm just kidding of course.

They've been around 10 years before us and pretty much kick our ass all over the place, ha.
Just recently their head honcho jumped on me for plugging JMA at allaboutjazz LOL, I can't really blame him.
rushfan4 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rushfan4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2014 at 12:31pm
Yep.  They do have a bit of a head start, but our site has us so that is something that they don't have.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic