JazzMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Jazz Music Lounges >Jazz Music Lounge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

jazz videos

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 10>
Author
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazuhiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2011 at 10:39pm

Pianist from Britain. John Taylor.

Various musicians and competing are accomplished. Even the Jazz scene in Europe is famous because the work in ECM is announced.

js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2011 at 11:06pm
and so it is on earth as it is in heaven  Wink
Kazuhiro View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazuhiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2011 at 11:13pm

Big smileBig smile

Thank you for the addition of John Taylor.Smile The fixation of the subgenre is OK. Thumbs Up
Matt View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Jazz Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2011 at 5:36pm
Originally posted by Kazuhiro Kazuhiro wrote:

Thank you for the addition of Enrico Rava. The fixation of the subgenre is OK. Smile
I can't believe we missed him. I noticed we had missed Kenny Burrell today  Confused Big smile Getting there though. We will catch them because everybody picks up on one when we are either doing reviews or just looking around. Enrico Rava and Tomas Stanko are great trumpet players.
Matt
Kazuhiro View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazuhiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2011 at 6:44pm

It is said that David Hines has been influenced from fusion in the 70's. The lesson received to Stanley Clarke might evolved his technology. It is bass player who announces a good talent in the item of fusion.

js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2011 at 6:50pm
Sounds good to me, do you know his country of origin?
Also, welcome back!  Big smile
Kazuhiro View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazuhiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2011 at 7:01pm

Thank you, John.Big smile

There is David Hines also in the section of JR/F actually now.

And, his home is registered as the United States.

Kazuhiro View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazuhiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2011 at 6:33am
Rodney Franklin is a pianist from the United States. The element of Soul/R&B also often took his music character. However, the first album of him is especially high-quality.

js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2011 at 9:24am
Yeah, I have both of those albums, thanks Kazu.
Kazuhiro View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazuhiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2011 at 10:16am
Thank you for the addition of Rodney Franklin. The video that I put here is my favorite really tune. I think that the first album of him is really good. The drum of Jeff Porcaro might be also perfect. It is felt that the arrangement of Rodney Franklin is also of course wonderful.
Kazuhiro View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazuhiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2011 at 8:20pm
This album to which tenor sax player's Topaz is announced as a leader has good atmosphere overall as Jam Band. It is guessed that it can feel the directionality of Velour Records of course as well as Soulive.

Kazuhiro View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazuhiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2011 at 8:25pm
And, the music character of the band that is called "Kudu" similarly announced from Velour Records might be especially strong the element of Drum and Bass. Especially, the first album of Kudu can listen to the element of spacy jazz D&B.

js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2011 at 9:11pm
I think Topaz would be good for Acid Jazz. I tried to find more songs by Kudu, but the songs I heard were not jazz. Do you have any more jazz songs by them?
Kazuhiro View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazuhiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2011 at 9:31pm

To our regret, I do not have other videos concerning Kudu. I have the first album of Kudu. It was felt that the album was a music character that drum and bass joins flavors of a few Jazz. It is a subjective opinion.

I was very worried about the proposal of Kudu. Whether the video and Kudu that I put here are suitable for JMA or not?

It is thought that the impression changes if I can offer mp3.

And, I know Jazzanova was similarly in the section of D&B before. However, JMA kept the quality examining various musicians again. I was anxious about those similar applications to Kudu and fitting in.

In addition, Kudu is a band of complete drum and bass now. As for it, I do not feel jazz at all.

Therefore, I feel that the opinion of John is correct. It is not thought that Kudu may be added to JMA now. However, it tried to inform them of the existence of this band.

Kazuhiro View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazuhiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2011 at 9:37pm
Thank you for the addition of Topaz. Please forget Kudu. LOL
js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2011 at 9:38pm
I'm real interested in more DrumnBass jazz if you know of any.
Kazuhiro View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazuhiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2011 at 9:44pm
Thank you, John. 
If the good one is found, I will put it here.
Kazuhiro View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazuhiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2011 at 10:56pm

A little unusual in view of my tendency proposal.Big smile

Amos Milburn also has the element of Jazz Blues and a few boogie-woogies.

I did not refer the subgenre because he did the song and the piano.

js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2011 at 5:42am
Milburn is usually known more as a blues and RnB singer than jazz, but he was one of the early pioneers in the Jump Blues style.
Kazuhiro View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazuhiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2011 at 6:17am
Thank you for appropriate consideration. I will widen one's view further and research.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 10>
  Share Topic