JazzMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Jazz Music Lounges >Jazz Music Lounge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

jazz videos

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 10>
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DamoXt7942 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2011 at 10:48pm
Originally posted by Kazuhiro Kazuhiro wrote:

A theoretical performance of Kurt Rosenwinkel will be expressed as an original melody. It is one of the guitar players of the next generation.
Clap Wonderful videos! Big smile
--

DamoXt7942

Guilt Is A Great Motivator.
Kazuhiro View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazuhiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2011 at 11:18pm

Thank you for the comment, Damosan.Smile

Especially, it is good to experience Jazz live. Power and the tension are very transmitted to the audience in live of Jazz.

js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2011 at 11:25pm
I agree, a lot of avant-garde jazz is a lot more interesting live than on record. I know other people who will say the same thing.
snobb View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snobb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2011 at 12:07am
It's me Big smile. I really liked live avant-garde jazz concerts for decades,but for a long time didn't listen that music on records,it took time (plenty of time!) to start liking AG Jazz albums as well.
Kazuhiro View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazuhiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2011 at 12:00am
This tune is presented to Matt. 
Kazuhiro View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazuhiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2011 at 11:32pm

Hiromi Uehara, Junko Onishi.
And, the third talent that Japan sends JMA.

Her name is "Chihiro Yamanaka. "

It is a budding and spirited pianist.

Edited by Kazuhiro - 15 Feb 2011 at 11:38pm
js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2011 at 12:10am
She's very good. The first video was Post-Fusion Contemporary and the second was Post Bop, which style do you think she plays mostly or is most recognized for?
Kazuhiro View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazuhiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2011 at 12:18am

Yes. I own only her one album. Of course, it has listened to other sound sources.

I think that you may go to Post-Fusion Contemporary if it thinks about her style overall.

She often performs Post-Bop. However, her styles are not legitimate all Bop.

---------

It was seen to have been added.
Thank you.

Edited by Kazuhiro - 16 Feb 2011 at 12:28am
Kazuhiro View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazuhiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2011 at 11:05pm
Lee Ritenour & Bob James Version

Fourplay Version
Kazuhiro View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazuhiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2011 at 11:26pm
Jesse Van Ruller might be one of the guitar players of the next generation perhaps as well as Kurt Rosenwinkel.
js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2011 at 8:04am
Hey Jazzu, I'll check out these videos later, but we don't have Bob James on the site Shocked  thats just crazy. I'll get him up right away.
Kazuhiro View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazuhiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2011 at 6:04pm

Lee Ritenour and Bob James were seen to be added. Thank you.

I knew neither Lee Ritenour nor Bob James were in JMA. I should have obediently said it. However, I told it with the video.

I am shy. Or, it is a peculiar, bad Japanese habit.

js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2011 at 6:42pm
No, you don't want to turn into a angry rude American do you? Wink

I'm still checking out the proper place for the others.
js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2011 at 12:21am
Ha ha, when you came up with Bob James and Lee Ritenour, I knew Dave Grusin was next. These were the stars of late 70s jazz radio in the states, along with John Klemmer, Hubert Laws, Ronnie Foster, George Benson and Lonnie Liston Smith. I'll check into all those tomorrow and make sure they all here.

Edited by js - 18 Feb 2011 at 12:23am
Kazuhiro View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazuhiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2011 at 10:52pm

As for the album of Eumir Deodato, popularity gathers in the work in the especially 70's.

"Also sprach Zarathustra" is his famous tune.

Kazuhiro View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazuhiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2011 at 10:18pm

Dave Pike played master's role for Bobby Hutcherson.

The vibraphone of Dave Pike has good atmosphere. However, the music character of his album is indeed abundant. I cannot specify the subgenre of Dave Pike yet.

js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2011 at 9:45am
Nice stuff Kazu, the first one is Cool Jazz and the second Pop Jazz, but All Music has him in Hard Bop, so that is where he will go.
Kazuhiro View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazuhiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2011 at 6:01pm
Thank you for the addition of Dave Pike.
The fixation of the subgenre is OK.
Kazuhiro View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazuhiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2011 at 10:05pm
It is said that Ann Burton willingly listened to various singers' songs. And, it is especially said that Shirley Horn was a favorite singer.
Ann Burton is a singer from the Netherlands. There might be good gloss in the singing voice.

Kazuhiro View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazuhiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2011 at 5:56pm
Ann Burton was seen to be added. Thank you. Smile
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 10>
  Share Topic