JazzMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Jazz Music Lounges >Jazz Music Lounge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

jazz fusion rock Song?? Santana??

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote denn9605 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: jazz fusion rock Song?? Santana??
    Posted: 19 Nov 2013 at 11:47pm
I've been searching this name song for years and i believe and I hope to find it on this site Smile

http://www.goear.com/listen/0de35c9/...n-song-unknown

Someone told me Santana, or something of Woodstock i don't know Shocked
dreadpirateroberts View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dreadpirateroberts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2013 at 4:28am
Hmmm - I don't recognise it, denn, but I feel like it's a more recent performance than woodstock and the rhythm section doesn't quite feel like Santana to me. Sorry I can't really help much
We are men of action. Lies do not become us.
Reviews...
js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2013 at 6:33am
I've listened to a lot of music like this and this one sounds familiar. It probably is from the 70s, but I don't think its Santana. the guitar player does not sound like Carlos. I was thinking it was maybe his brother Jorge and his band, or maybe the young Neal Schon who used to show up on a lot of Latin rock and jazz-rock albums back then.
Its also possible that it is the Santana Band during that brief period when Neal Schon was playing guitar with them and sharing solo space with Carlos.

I 'll look into this more later and see what I can find out. Are you familiar with some of the other Latin rock bands of that era?
dreadpirateroberts View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dreadpirateroberts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2013 at 6:40am
If it's Jorge and Malo, I think, but am not sure, it's not a song from the first two albums, which I have. I could still be wrong though Smile

http://www.jazzmusicarchives.com/artist/malo/?ac=malo

Edited by dreadpirateroberts - 20 Nov 2013 at 6:40am
We are men of action. Lies do not become us.
Reviews...
js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2013 at 8:14am
The one thing that makes it sound like the Santana Band is the lack of horn section, most Latin Rock bands had horn sections.
I'm guessing its Neal Schon with Santana, or Neal playing on a fusion record from that era. It was common for fusion records in the 70s to have a couple Latin rock songs.
I know I've heard this before and it may be on a record I own.
denn9605 View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote denn9605 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2013 at 3:30pm
Originally posted by js js wrote:

The one thing that makes it sound like the Santana Band is the lack of horn section, most Latin Rock bands had horn sections.
I'm guessing its Neal Schon with Santana, or Neal playing on a fusion record from that era. It was common for fusion records in the 70s to have a couple Latin rock songs.
I know I've heard this before and it may be on a record I own.

Oh, I know that song sounds familiar , many people told me something like Blue Effect or Malo...
I recorded this song from TV show and seems was purely instrumental close 4 o 5 minutes
js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2013 at 5:50pm
I was wondering if it was from one of those albums Neal Schon did with Jan Hammer.
denn9605 View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote denn9605 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2013 at 8:40pm
What I heard of these albums resembles not so much but the guitar sound of Neal Schon seems close.
js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2013 at 8:56pm
After the guitar solo, which could be Neal Schon, or maybe someone else, but probably not Carlos Santana, there is a short percussion break, it sounds like there is a drummer, a bass player and about 2 percussionists.
When the melody comes back in, it sounds like there are two guitars and one keyboard playing and harmonizing the melody together, although its hard to tell for sure. 
It doesn't sound like there are any horns either.

Maybe those things will help you narrow your search, its hard to tell from the bad sound, but it sounds like it may be live also.

Edited by js - 20 Nov 2013 at 8:57pm
denn9605 View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote denn9605 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2013 at 11:52am
I think this is something close to Soft Machine or something like that,
I've been listening to several albums and i don't find the song yet.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic